centered image

centered image

Kids Make Emotional Video To Find Mom a Kidney Donor

Discussion in 'Organ transplantation' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

78fddfd1e118c048d907c96cbf18bba3.jpg

Two Pennsylvania kids made an emotional plea to help find a kidney donor for their mom.

In a video posted to Facebook, the young kids asked people to spread the word about their mom Diana Zippay, who has a rare genetic disease called Alport syndrome.

Zippay, who is from Pittsburgh, told news station WTAE that she only has a few months to live if she does not receive the transplant. She said she has been unable to find a match because many of her family members also suffer from the rare disorder.

“I am battling every day for my life,” Zippay, who is on dialysis, told WTAE. “For the past two years basically — almost a year-and-a-half — I have been married to a machine.”

To help save their mom’s life, Zippay’s kids held signs in the video about how others can get involved.

“Please help us spread the word!” the signs said. “Our mommy needs a kidney!”

The heart-breaking video has been viewed 26,000 times since it was shared Saturday to Facebook.

In another post, the 37-year-old mom asked people to please share her story.

“I’m not a hero. I’m not a celebrity. I’m just a mom like many of you … all I want is raise my kids alongside my husband,” she wrote.

Source

Add Reply