centered image

centered image

Longest-Suffering UK COVID-19 Patient Returns Home After A Record-Breaking 141 Days In Hospital

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A woman, who spent 141 days in hospital battling Covid-19, pneumonia and sepsis, has finally been able to go home.

[​IMG]

Fatima Bridle, 35, fell ill with coronavirus after returning to the UK from a month-long trip to Mohammedia, Morocco.

Mrs Bridle, a former lab technician, spent nearly the whole of the UK lockdown in Southampton General Hospital fighting the virus.

She was in a coma for 40 days and had to be put on a ventilator when her lungs collapsed, spending 105 days on the life-saving machine.

Mrs Bridle told the Sun on Sunday that the NHS saved her life and that all the staff 'deserve a medal'.

She described the pain she suffered from the ventilator as 'horrific'.

'I wished I was dead at one point. It was so scary and terrifying. I wanted to scream out but I couldn't,' Mrs Bridle said.

One of Mrs Bridle's lungs collapsed and she will never be able to breath at full capacity again.

Her husband Tracy, 56, an ex-solider, had also fallen ill and had not been able to see his wife in five months.

[​IMG]
    She fell ill after returning from Morocco and was in a coma for 40 days was put on a ventilator when her lungs collapsed, spending 105 days on the life-saving machine

The couple had previously ruled out speaking on FaceTime because they both found it too emotional to talk through a screen after so much time apart.

He described her as his 'medical miracle'.

Mrs Bridle is now being monitored at home by medics and has said she hopes to work for the NHS.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said he was 'absolutely thrilled' by news of Fatima's recovery.

He added: 'It proves that no matter who you are, the NHS is there for you and your family.'

This comes as a further eight people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in Britain on August 2.

This brings the total number of confirmed deaths during the pandemic to 46,201 according to preliminary figures.

Source

Add Reply