centered image

centered image

Man Wearing Unofficial Doctor's Lab Coat Spotted At Several Florida Hospitals, Denies Pretending To

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]
    Florida health officials have launched an investigation after a man was spotted at several local hospitals wearing a white physician's coat stating he was an OB/GYB.

Public safety staff at the Jackson Memorial Medical Center campus saw the man, identified as Wilvince Kemmy Bazil from Miami, on Wednesday, Local10.com reported. Staff alerted police.

Bazil does not appear on the Florida Board of Medicine's website as a licensed doctor.

A spokeswoman for Jackson Health System told Local10.com the man was handed a cease-and-desist letter, as well as a trespassing warning. He had been spotted at multiple hospitals.

According to the letter seen by Local10.com, Bazil is not an employee of Jackson Health System. However, Bazil took photos of himself wearing a lab coat carrying a Jackson Health/University of Miami logo. He shared the images on social media.

One image was captioned "Dr. Bazil." Another photo shows in him in a graduation cap and gown alongside the words: "I did it M.D OB/GYB Dr. Wilvince k Bazil."

The images seen by Local10.com appear to show Bazil posing as an OB-GYN.

In a statement seen by CBS4, Jackson Health System said it "is taking this suspicious activity seriously and has notified the Florida Department of Health, which launched an investigation into this matter."

The cease and desist letter was signed by Assistant County Attorney Suzanne Villano-Charif.

The letter read: "Your illegal use of this impersonation will deceive and/or confuse the public, staff and patients into thinking you are affiliated with the Public Health Trust."

Bazil told Local 10: "I was there. They invited me over there to speak about the allegations, and I met up with them, and they spoke to me and they did give me a restraining order."

"I'm not deceiving nobody of anything," he told Local10.com, claiming he graduated from college.

Asked if he treated any patients, he told Local10.com: "Never, they have no proof of that."

In an interview with CBS4 he claimed he is a former healthcare worker.

He told Local 10 he worked for a physician at the facility, and said it was his employer's fault for giving him a lab coat which said he is a doctor. Bazil refused to state which physician he worked for.

"If they had any proof of me working on their campuses I think I would be in jail," he told CBS4. "So they didn't have no proof of that."

According to Local 10, Bazil has not been charged by police.

Source

Add Reply