centered image

centered image

Mother Who Endured the Pain of 16 Abortions Finally Gives Birth After Doctors Discovered the Cause

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

My little miracle: Mother who endured the pain of SIXTEEN miscarriages finally gives birth after doctors discovered the cause

• Kayleigh Wood, 26, from March, Cambridgeshire, first became pregnant at 16
    • She had excess scarring in her abdomen and had an operation to remove it
    • Baby Reggie was born in an emergency caesarian section in October 2016

[​IMG]

Kayleigh Wood, 26, suffered 16 miscarriages before she gave birth to Reggie in October. The full-time mother first became pregnant at 16 but suffered a miscarriage weeks later

When Kayleigh Wood suffered her fifteenth miscarriage, she thought she would never be a mother.

And after many fruitless trips to the doctors, she had almost lost all hope until they discovered the cause – excess scarring in her abdomen.

So she had an operation to remove it, and after one more miscarriage, Miss Wood became pregnant again for the seventeenth time. She gave birth to Reggie in October, and says her boy has made all the heartache worth it.

Miss Wood, 26, said: ‘I used to cry all the time because of all the babies I have lost.

‘But to hold Reggie in my arms at last was the most wonderful feeling – and helped make up for all that devastation.’ The full-time mother, who lives in March, Cambridgeshire, with her partner Tony Garner, first became pregnant at 16, but she suffered a miscarriage weeks later.

She said: ‘I was shocked when I fell pregnant, but it was devastating when weeks later I suffered a miscarriage. I never thought then that I was going to go on and lose so many more babies.’

Miss Wood lost more babies over the years, but nothing was ever done to investigate the cause. She said: ‘I kept going back to the doctors, who told me it was “just one of those things” and nothing was ever done to look into why I was losing so many babies.’

[​IMG]

Doctors discovered Miss Wood's miscarriages were caused by excess scarring in her abdomen. So she had an operation to remove it, and after one more miscarriage, Miss Wood became pregnant again with Reggie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss Wood contacted her MP, Steven Barclay, for help. He called the hospital for her and insisted they look into her case. She was examined at the Royal London Hospital two years ago. Pictured right, Miss Wood with Reggie and partner Tony Garner

Miss Wood suffered a total of 15 miscarriages, losing all her babies before she reached eight weeks.

She then contacted her MP, Conservative Stephen Barclay, for help. She said: ‘I had even considered at one point taking my own life as I felt so desperate.

‘So I contacted my MP and he was such a help. He contacted the hospital for me and insisted that they look into my case.’

Miss Wood was examined at the Royal London Hospital two years ago and surgeons discovered excess scarring in her womb.

She said: ‘They didn’t really know what had caused the scarring, but they removed it in the hope that it could help me continue with any further pregnancies.’

Miss Wood suffered one more miscarriage after the operation, before she discovered she was pregnant again in February last year.

[​IMG]

After doctors removed the scar tissue in an operation, Miss Wood suffered one more miscarriage before she became pregnant with Reggie. She made it to her 12-week scan at Peterborough City Hospital – which was the first time she had ever reached that point

She made it to her 12-week scan at Peterborough City Hospital – which was the first time she had ever reached that point.

She said: ‘I still didn’t dare hope that it was going to work out.’ She eventually made it to two weeks before her due date.

But then doctors discovered the amniotic fluid around her baby had vanished, putting his life in danger, and she had an emergency caesarean.

She said: ‘I was terrified that after all this time, I was going to lose him at the end. I had worried every single day of my pregnancy.’

[​IMG]

Reggie was delivered in an emergency caesarian section when doctors discovered the amniotic fluid around the baby had vanished. Miss Wood said: 'He has finally made my life complete’

But the doctors managed to safely deliver Reggie, weighing a healthy 5lb 3oz.

Miss Wood said: ‘The moment when I finally held him in my arms at last was just indescribable. It was the most amazing feeling.

‘He went some way to healing all the hurt. I feel so incredibly lucky. He is such a happy, contented baby. He’s always smiling.

‘I still feel sad that I have lost so many babies, but he has finally made my life complete.’

Source

Add Reply