centered image

Multiple Sclerosis Sufferer Says She Was CURED Of Her Symptoms After Losing 100 Pounds

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

Multiple sclerosis sufferer says she was CURED of her symptoms after losing 100 pounds

• Marleen Wardalazarr was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in February 2015
    • She did research and decided to change her lifestyle to help with symptoms
    • Even though she was taking drugs she was still experiencing dizziness, loss of mobility, and lack of ability to swallow food or water
    • The 26-year-old now has lost 100 pounds and said it has cured her symptoms

A young woman who dropped nearly 100 pounds in just over a year claims the weight loss cured her of her severe multiple sclerosis symptoms.

Marleen Wardalazarr, from Toronto, Canada, was diagnosed with MS in 2015, and immediately overhauled her diet and exercise plan in favor of a more healthy lifestyle.

She began experiencing severe symptoms including fatigue, dizziness, lack of balance and difficulty walking in 2014, and went to the doctors afraid she was experiencing a stroke.

After months of testing Marleen was diagnosed with relaxed remitting multiple sclerosis.

By completely changing her unhealthy diet and adding in fruits, vegetables and fatty fish, such as tuna, she claims the symptoms have disappeared.

[​IMG]

+7
    [​IMG]

Marleen Wardalazarr, from Toronto, Canada, was diagnosed with MS in 2015, and immediately overhauled her diet and exercise plan in favor of a more healthy lifestyle. She is pictured before and after losing 100 pounds

The disease, which affects more than 400,000 people in the United States, is caused by genetic factors that cause the immune system to attack the nervous system.

The nervous system, which is made up of the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves, essentially serves as a pathway for the brain to tell the rest of the body what to do, according to the National MS Society.

Messages send from the brain, down the spinal cord, and then into optic nerves in different parts of the body that deliver these signals. When a patient has MS, the immune system attacks the optic nerves, and more specifically the protective coating around them that helps the messages move more quickly, called the myelin sheath.

This makes it difficult for those messages to travel, and the delay causes the symptoms experienced by MS patients.

While weight doesn't directly impact the disease, extra weight can intensify symptoms like fatigue and speed up the body's deteroiration.

[​IMG]

Marleen dropped 100 pounds after being diagnosed with MS. She is pictured after her transformation weight loss, which she said she did because the severe symptoms were taking such a toll on her life

Growing up, the 26-year-old legal assistant said she was a heavy child.

However, her weight escalated to an unhealthy 250lbs while she was in college and juggling her studies with different waitressing jobs. At one of her restaurant jobs, she got into the habit of snacking on Chinese food to keep her going.

'I was so stressed out between work and school, I didn't even have the time to see how much weight I had gained,' Marleen explained. 'I was not getting enough rest or alleviating any stress from school, nor putting any nutrients in my body, just a lot of fried foods.

In November 2014, Marleen started suffering from numbness in the left side of her body. A few months later she struggled with her vision, her speech was slurred and her mobility reduced.

'I noticed that I couldn't feel what was in my pocket, my left hand was numb. I started to realize the numbness was not only in my left hand but the entire left side of my body - from my forehead to my left foot,' she explained.

HOW MARLEEN COMPLETELY CHANGED HER DIET

Even though weight loss has not been scientifically proven to treat MS, Marleen wanted to give it a try.

In addition to going to the gym once or twice a week, she completely changed her diets.

Before she was eating:

• Fatty foods
    • Deep fried meals
    • Chocolates and sweets as snacks
    After cutting those things out, she started supplementing with fruits and vegetables.

Now, she said she eats a lot of:

• Leafy greens
    • Vegetable-based meals
    • A handful of fruit every day
    • Tuna once or twice a week
    Tuna contains fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6. Those acids are directly related to myelin health.

Marleen also said she keeps away from red meat after 5pm, and times her meals every day.

Breakfast: 1 hour after waking up

Lunch: Small snack at 12pm

Dinner: No later than 4pm

Source

Add Reply