centered image

centered image

New ‘Caffeine Bracelet’ Could Be The Future Of Coffee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Do you wish you could get caffeine's awakening effects without actually having to drink the stuff? If, like me, you don't actually like the taste of coffee, a new invention could be the key to keeping up with your joe guzzling colleagues.

The new invention, known as Joule, passes caffeine into your bloodstream via a plastic bracelet, which works by a process called transdermal administration. The process is similar to how nicotine patches work.

A patch inserted into the bracelet administers the same amount of caffeine as a regular cup of coffee over four hours, meaning users can avoid the horrible rollercoaster of energy states that many coffee drinkers experience.

[​IMG]

Joule was invented by Adam Paulin, a personal trainer with a degree in neuroscience and psychology, and Alex Kryuk, a medical doctor with a PhD in medicine. So I'm guessing they know what they're talking about.

An Indiegogo crowdfunding site was set up to help fund the project, and it's now collected a whopping 378% of the required cash. Clearly a lot of people are desperate for a new way to get their caffeine fix.

The creators explained how the main benefit to a cup of coffee is the caffeine. "Let’s face it, the main reason most of us wait in long lines, put up with stained teeth and bad breath, keep adding to the old spare tire and take in obscene amounts of sugar is to get that wonderful caffeine boost."

[​IMG]

But what if you like your daily cup of joe? According to the pitch, you can drink coffee and wear the patch simultaneously. "You can use the Joule Caffeine Bracelet to complement your coffee or energy drink intake, so you have balanced energy during those times you aren’t able to get your hands on your favorite drink."

Maybe Joule really is the future of caffeine, because it looks like coffee stocks are set to run out in just three years. I'd recommend you start stockpiling now.

Source

Add Reply