centered image

centered image

Rare case of "Blood Girl"

Discussion in 'Dermatology' started by Egyptian Doctor, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House, might not be able to solve this medical mystery. Twinkle Dwivedi, 13, has had a strange disease sine July 2007, she bleeds through her pores with out any provocation by scratching or being cut. Sometimes she wakes up and her body is covered in cake blood. Doctors in Uttar Pradesh, India have no explanation, and villagers believe she may be cursed! (photo from Barcroft Media via UK Telegraph)

Source : http://eplay.typepad.com/eplay_online_sports_fanta/2008/09/calling-dr-hous.html

Add Reply
    tahira sherazi and EmanA like this.

2. kefinka

kefinka Well-Known Member

actually, there was a similar case on House few years back - the patient was sweating blood and he/she had damaged microvessels under the skin or something of that sort - I would have to find a particular episode to be precise but I am sure there was a problem similar to this one on the show...

3. kefinka

kefinka Well-Known Member

I found the episode after all - there were 2 patients who had Familial Mediterranean fever but they also had several other sypmtoms...

4. EmanA

EmanA Famous Member

MBBS
    Practicing medicine in:
    Saudi Arabia
    we too had a familiar case in Jinnah some tim ago. however not much attention was given to the child.