centered image

centered image

Releiving status asthmaticus with aerosole

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prof-shakeel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. prof-shakeel

prof-shakeel Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Yemen

Five years back a young 18years old lady was admitted to the medical department in my hospital with the diagnosis of status asthmaticus then she was transfered to the ilntensive care department. The patient was very
    ill , she was unconscious , shocked , severly dyspnic wih harsh weeze , blood pressure 70/50 mmHg and temperature 35 degrees centigrade. Thus an endotracheal tube was inserted , and a positive breathing was stablished. Then I was called to perform a tracheostomy to her.When I arrived I started to think in some other less traumatic way to help her to breath, and it came to my mind a solution made by an anesthesiologist when I was preparing my PhD in Cuba. I prepared that solution in the following combination:

1. Ampiclox solution 2cc taken from the vial :Antibiotic
    2. Salbutamol solution 2cc also from a vial: bronchodilator
    3.Mercury soltion 3drops : A stong antiseptic
    4. Heparin 8 drops : A good mucus solvent

These solutions were mixed together in a test tube.

Then I have put this mixture in a nebulizer and I connected the nebulizer to the positive pressure ventilator and allowed the patient to inhale it through the endotracheal tube.

Exactly after 15 minutes the patient coughed strongly and expectorated about one liter of dissolved mucus, and she woke up and pulled out the endotracheal tube.

Thanks to God she was fine

Add Reply
    Rashid Gujjar, Phartee and Dr Menna like this.

2. Dr. Sebastian

Dr. Sebastian Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    gr8 work

prof-shakeel likes this.
  3. Paing Zaw

Paing Zaw Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Myanmar
    great job :)

prof-shakeel likes this.
  4. David Ćirković

David Ćirković Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Serbia
    fascinating :)

prof-shakeel likes this.
  5. 4zTLC

4zTLC Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Syria
    Excellent work.. thanks for the information

prof-shakeel likes this.
  6. martin contreras

martin contreras Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Mercury solution is extremely poisoning its not use any more in medicine. Heparine its contraindicated for this use .
    A solucion of 1cc of salbutamol o albuterol at 0.83% diluded with 2 or 3 cc of mucomist given with 100% fio2 will be the best option to reverse the status asthmaticus. Information obtained from internal medicine book in the USA.

prof-shakeel likes this.
  7. martin contreras

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Mercury solution is extremely poisoning its not use any more in medicine. Heparine its contraindicated for this use .
    A solucion of 1cc of salbutamol o albuterol at 0.83% diluded with 2 or 3 cc of mucomist given with 100% fio2 will be the best option to reverse the status asthmaticus. Information obtained from internal medicine book in the USA.:)

prof-shakeel likes this.
  8. prof-shakeel

Practicing medicine in:
    Yemen
    Thanks for these infirmations but if you read more books you will know that heparin is really a strong mucolytic and and if used as aerosole it works on the alveolar surfactant disolving the mucus.
    Mercury chrome is still used in very lumited way in some countries and it is considered by many anaesthesists in very small quantity an excellent antiseptic for bronchial tree. Any how it is a method of experience

quote="martin contreras, post: 95474, member: 74112"]Mercury solution is extremely poisoning its not use any more in medicine. Heparine its contraindicated for this use .
    A solucion of 1cc of salbutamol o albuterol at 0.83% diluded with 2 or 3 cc of mucomist given with 100% fio2 will be the best option to reverse the status asthmaticus. Information obtained from internal medicine book in the USA.[
    Hepa

muzamila likes this.
  9. martin contreras

Practicing medicine in:
    United States

prof-shakeel likes this.
  10. martin contreras

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    I appreaciate your feedback, I am going to expand my research on the heparine properties as well on the mercury chrome use, the use of medication that are not approve by the FDA in USA in specific situacion narrow our options in the USA I do believe that when we do not have available the best option we do have the righ to use any mean available to improve the patient wellness as happened in other countries outside of the USA. Again thank you for your recommendations as soon I have an opportunity I will comment these options to the head of Respiratory Health Department of Medical Sciences Of San Antonio Texas. Martin p contreras CRTT,Registered Respiratory Therapist.

prof-shakeel likes this.
  11. prof-shakeel

Practicing medicine in:
    Yemen
    Respected Dr. Martin
    Thank you for your kind comments‚ I am really greatful for your interest in this subject. I wil appteciate a lot if you kindly keep in touch with me informing me every new result you get from your researches since I like to learn from you and from all those who know better in this subject and please if there are any works or reports concerning any interesting subject please send me by my email if this will not bother you‚ again thank you for all your efforts.
    Dr. Shakeel Yassin Mohammed Omer‚Professor in General Surgery ‚ College of Medicine ‚ University of Aden ‚ Yemen.
    My E-Mail. [email protected]
    My Mobile. +967 737125655

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    martin contreras likes this.