centered image

centered image

Ridiculous Things Pre-Meds Say

Discussion in 'Pre Medical Student' started by dr.omarislam, Feb 3, 2018.

1. dr.omarislam

dr.omarislam Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

Getting a medical school acceptance is one of the most exciting moments in a Pre-Med’s life. We found that this joy might alter the state of mind of some students, in turn causing them to post some pretty ridiculous things on internet blogs. After reading through The Student Doctor Network blog “Class of 2017”, we found a few of these gems to share with you.

Pre-Med #1

Haha! I actually created a formula to determine the price of dinner:

If you win (your guess <= my score) then I will buy you a dinner according to the brackets below:

Guess: 1-20 then (score/10) ie. You guess 15 then I will buy you a dinner that costs at least than 1.5$
    Guess: 21-27 then (score/8)
    Guess: 28 – 29 then (score/5)
    Guess: 30-38 then (score/2)
    Guess 39+ then (score/1)

This is to limit the amount of people who guess low numbers to insure free food and to reward someone who takes in insane guess by guessing >39 which is almost statistically impossible.

If I win you owe me a dinner according to the following formula

(Your Guess – My Score) x 2

I.e. if you guess 35 and I score a 28 then you owe me a 14$ dinner.

Well even if I don’t do well I am planning to make sure everyone else does equally bad. (not you guys but the people at my testing center) I am going to show up in a suit and get the early be like:

“You know medical schools get a picture of you on your MCAT date (they do) and they totally judge it based on professionalism (they don’t).”

“Didn’t anyone tell you that you have to be dressed up for the MCAT?”

“Good thing they added that statistics section and took out the Bio Sci section…”

At Break/after test:

“Omg that passage on _________(insert random topic that wasn’t on test) was so easy! I hope no one accidently skipped it because it was like free points!”

“Did you catch all the tricks on the passage about ___________(insert topic that was on test). They made it seem really obvious but in fact it was super abstract and complicated!”

Way too much planning went into this…

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply