centered image

Russian Woman Died in Agony Due to ‘Medical Blunder’ by Doctors

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Egyptian Doctor, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A woman died after being embalmed alive due to a medical blunder in a Russian hospital, her mother claims. Ekaterina Fedyaeva’s mother accused medics of putting her daughter on a formalin drip, which includes formaldehyde, instead of saline.

The 27-year-old had been in hospital in Ulyanovsk for routine surgery but after being given the wrong drip suffered pains and convulsions for two days before falling into a coma. Despite being flown to a top Moscow hospital she died of multiple organ failure. Her mother Galina Baryshnikova said: ‘Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking.

‘I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it. No doctor came to see her although she was coming round from anaesthetic.’ The drip contained formaldehyde which is meant for corpses for embalming.

Mrs Baryshnikova added: ‘Now I understand that formalin was simply eroding her body from inside. People who performed the surgery already knew that they infused something wrong. ‘They needed to take some urgent measures – but they did nothing.’ Ekaterina was buried on April 7 and a criminal investigation has been launched into her death.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Source

Add Reply