centered image

centered image

sarcoidosis

Discussion in 'Case Studies' started by bouchra, Nov 23, 2013.

1. bouchra

bouchra Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Morocco

I'm a girl 33 years old from Morocco I had about 2 years an illness none in my country can gave the solution exactly .

I have seen more than 10 professors but all of them they told me they have never seen like my case so I had the first time a pain in my thórax and after that I had erythema nudes as the doctors told me in the same time each day I found a (tâche) in my skin the same colors of my skin but each day I had more and more after a lot of diagnosis they told me that I had Sarcoidosis in one side the right side but in what concerning my skin no one can know what I had even I made more than ten biopsy but without any result cause I don't have the Sarcoidosis of skin but what in the illness who can gave an relation of an illness of lung an skin??? Cause I had the two of them in the same time I'm suffering a lot from my skin ....

If you want pictures or analysis I can send them for you

Just find me a solution please

2013-04-16 04.28.13.jpg

one.jpg

two.jpg
    three.jpg

Add Reply
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013

2. Loukman

Loukman Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    France
    Lichen planus

3. Medimarc

Medimarc Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Germany
    Hello,

Please describe also as exactly as possible how the thoracical pain is: where located, dull or sharp, always or alternating? In the latter case: in which situation do they get worse? Are they related to in- or expiration?

Please be so kind to tell us which tests have been performed? ECG? X-ray? Auscultation?

Any possible risk factors: Smoking, toxics? When was the first onset?

I think, it would be useful to provide all laboratory results you have.

Brgds

4. layeeq ahmed

layeeq ahmed Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    please kindly take first chest x ray then start treatment may be TB

5. ahamd

ahamd Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Jordan
    The way i see it you need to consider the following
    If you have muscle pain or joint pain or any other systemic complain of that nature checking for lupus or dermatomyocitis or any other autoimmune disease might be relevent.

If you have had the symtoms like interrmitant fever or night sweats or weight loss , checking for TB is worth it , and i was wondering if you had any chest x rays before and if anything showed on them?

I am thinking of Infectious mononecleousis too and maybe you have a heart issue (rhematic fever might be relevant) and sarcoidosis might account for your skin and chest pain together

Did you have an ANA test done? CRP ESR anything i need the full list of tests you did
    And i need to know the time frame when did the rash appear? before or after and more details about the pain and rash , it is either autoimmune (SLE or dermatomyocitis) , infectious( TB , EBV , Rheumatic fever) , or actually simply sarcoidosis like the Drs said

If you send me all the tests you did the time frame of your symptoms and what medications you've been on, i can be of more help

All the best

6. ahmed said

ahmed said Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
  7. pauline spelman

pauline spelman Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    England
    lichen planus

8. Dr.Tripathy

Dr.Tripathy Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    sarcoidosis

9. abdi ahmed hussein

abdi ahmed hussein Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    China
    chronic pharyngitis

10. nasr

nasr Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    erythema nodosum

11. bouchra

bouchra Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Morocco
    Hi abt the pain it snt alwys in my tórax and sometimes in the expiration in one side the right side cause in this side which I had the pblm in my lungs I took the drug of tuberculosis but it wasn't without any improvements and now I'm taking cortisone abt one years they treated me as someone I had a sarcoidosis but it wasn't ?? I don't smoke or drink alcool? ? I had X ray ans scanner of my tórax and alot of analysis and biopsies I'll send to u
    thanks

uote="Medimarc, post: 46725, member: 59809"]Hello,

Please describe also as exactly as possible how the thoracical pain is: where located, dull or sharp, always or alternating? In the latter case: in which situation do they get worse? Are they related to in- or expiration?

Please be so kind to tell us which tests have been performed? ECG? X-ray? Auscultation?

Any possible risk factors: Smoking, toxics? When was the first onset?

I think, it would be useful to provide all laboratory results you have.

Brgds[/quote]

12. ishu90

ishu90 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    have you considered Wegeners granulomatosis as your diagnosis (granulomatosis with polyangitis)....it seems like that to me with the skin and lung involvement...had a similar case few yrs ago..was treated fpr sarcoidosis for 10yrs only to b diagnpsed later on as wegeners.....please have ur serum cANCA levels checked..correlate clinically with your treating physician.

13. ahamd

ahamd Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Jordan
    Hey dude :) , I think it is highly unlikely to be Wegners, Wegner's needs at least some type of kidney involvment (which is a very important part of the criteria) which can be detected after a simple urinalysis that is a routine test in all arab countries it would detect some RBCs or anything that might lead to wegners , lung involvement is a major criteria but skin on the other hand is not and she only has chest pain , if it was wegners and for 2 years and only treated with steroids not cyclophosphamide she would be either dead or coughing up blood so the time frame and symptoms really don't go with wegners unless it was a really really really rare presentation i don't know of , not to mention she didn't mention upper airway problems or eye problems or joint pain , if there was a case u saw that ended up to be wegners i would like to know more about it cuz it is very intresting

regards :)

14. ishu90

ishu90 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    Thank you Ahmad for the enlightenment but i would just say that all the diagnostic criterias for all the disease are made to standardize a diagnostic approach and reach our diagnosis with ease. However, one must remember that in clinical practise patients might not present to you with text book symptoms and findings as the disease manifestations vary in every individual. If you dig deep into standard textbooks like Harrison or Davidson, you will definetly find the incidences of a particular system involvement in each disease. Likewise, in Wegener's whose name has recently changed to Polyangitis with granulomatosis has a definite diagnostic criteria but in atypical cases it is not necessary to fulfil all the criteria to reach your diagnosis, depending on the system involvement in the patient. She may have an underlying renal disease which may not be symptomatic yet or undiagnosed but suspecting something clinically is a possibility. Furter work ups are necessary to reach a potential diagnosis.
    Thank you.

15. ahamd

ahamd Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Jordan
    I appreciate your time to reply and i salute out of the box thinking why not test for it :)