centered image

centered image

Save my DAD.Need Help from Bangladesh.

Discussion in 'Hospital' started by Farzanamisha, May 23, 2011.

1. Farzanamisha

Farzanamisha Well-Known Member

This is misha from bangladesh. Im in dire need of help. Can anyone please suggest me anything.??

My dad, 65 years, had severe MR and had to replace his mitral valve (which has been faulty since he had rheumatic fever while he was 3years old) this february under emergency surgery, unfortunately the problem he is facing now is his albumin level is going down drastically..despite injecting 16*100ml albumin and 14units of bloods. His liver lookedgood..with all the tests only the S.ALT(SGPT) is 91 (normally 40). In such a case...despite other organs being normal..like kidney and lungs..he is retaining fluid rapidly ..as a result his lungs is getting full of fluids and he needs to go under ventilation..(today the 7th time).

His PO2 and PCO2 were dropping but fortunately now improving, last ABG shows PO2 110-103 PCO2 35-34.
    Unfortunately his urine output decreased and creatine increased to 213. They are injecting lasix now.
    He is on 50% ventilation support. and the edema has decreased significantly.

Can anyone please please give me any hints..anything..ANYTHING.. that we and the doctors might be missing

Add Reply

2. docmuslim

docmuslim Well-Known Member

i think your dad develop complication of MR. based on your story,there are complication of lung congestion due to functional MS.severe MR will lead to functional MS. and oliguria may be due to symptom of low COP..by the way,how his doing with ECHO?

3. rah123

rah123 Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    hey misha,

sorry to hear abt ur father.

1.wat is his BUN? so that BUN/Cr. ratio can be calculated, nd A/G ratio also in LFT?

2.wat abt nephrotic syndrome?

3. ny RBC casts in urine?

4. is his HC03 fine?
    5. which medicine is he on?--warfarin etc?

nd Dnt worry too much, ur father will be fine, i will pray to God for the recovery of your father.
    Best,
    rahul

4. docmuslim

docmuslim Well-Known Member

hypoalbum may be due to low production or increase excretion.liver and kidney.may be something affecting the liver.hemosiderosis due to massive blood tranfusion or may be infection.kidney check for nephrotic.check proteinnuria,level cholesterol..may be can you look for evidence of SABE..may ALLAH help ur dad..

5. anatolia

anatolia Well-Known Member

I would investigate causes for Protein Losing Enteropathy. Infectious causes are common, stool smear and an endoscopy are helpful.

Can you post more detailed lab results and physical examination findings?

6. Farzanamisha

Farzanamisha Well-Known Member

Dear all thanks for ur support..unfortunately my dads situation detoriated..his liver wasn producing enough albumin and now its been 24hours+ his urine output is zero.pulse 95 but BP 40/25.he is still on ventilation and we are kind of waiting.so..dnt know wat to say..thnxx..and please please pray for my father.we love him so very much and hate to watch him suffer.

7. Hasan

Hasan Bronze Member

Doctor
    Practicing medicine in:
    Bangladesh
    Which hospital your father is being treated???
    Sorry to hear about such condition...
    What is his condition now....pray ALLAH....have patience