centered image

centered image

Six-Pack Surgery

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery' started by waleed, Sep 16, 2011.

1. waleed

waleed Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

The technique, called abdominal etching, is a kind of precision liposuction. The doc sucks out the fat that’s standing between the patient and, if everything goes well, the six-pack.

The suction six-pack costs between $4,000 and $7,000 and is only suitable for certain patients, Aldo Benjamin Guerra, the Arizona plastic surgeon who authored the abstract, told us. “I probably turn down about twice as many patients as I work on,” he said. “You have to have a certain amount of fat. If you have too little or too much you’re not going to get the definition.”

The magic number, he said, is one to two centimeters of pinchable belly fat. Patients also have to be in good physical shape, and if they’ve already dropped a lot of weight, they’ll probably have too much extra skin for the procedure to work.

The technique has been around for more than a decade, but abdominal etching has never really taken off, Guerra said. The procedure takes an hour or two. But pain can persist for days afterward. Swelling can last for weeks or even months And there can be complications, such as infection and bleeding.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5019/plasticsurgery.jpg

source :Six-Pack Surgery: From Puffy to Buff - Health Blog - WSJ

Add Reply

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Hi waleed,
    I think going for abdominal etching for 6 packs is not a wise decision.
    We must eat balanced diet meal and do cardio and resistance training to tone ab muscles. Abdominal exercises are also effective.

3. waleed

waleed Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Hi Benjamin
    You are right .But alot of people find it difficult to follow a balanced diet meal and resistance training

4. watson

watson Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Ireland
    Hello..The cost of six pack surgery (between $4,000 and $7,000) is not affordable by me. Arrangement of $4000 is not possible for me..