centered image

centered image

Some feedback on spot diagnosis

Discussion in 'Spot Diagnosis' started by apparat, Mar 10, 2013.

1. apparat

apparat Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Australia

feedback.jpeg

I want to start off by commending this small community on what they have here in terms of Spot Diagnosis, and the regular turn over of threads; I greatly enjoy it. However, I think with these types of threads, when we reply, there needs to be an emphasis on rationalising and explaining how the repliers came to their diagnosis instead of merely stating the diagnosis. This is a community to learn from, and it will be beneficial if we have insight into how others think. Posting a diagnosis is not greatly helpful, except for one's own self-admiration; and quite honestly, dragging most of these pictures into google images yields the diagnosis. So if we are to teach, and learn anything, we should discuss why we think the way we do. Furthermore, I would also encourage all practising doctors to upload their own images, so we can discuss them further. My 2c. Cheers

Add Reply
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    neo_star likes this.

2. neo_star

neo_star Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    I couldn't agree with u more. U have spoken my mind and i couldn't have put it in better words.

I really wish all members, esp. the seniors who, I am sure have a great clinical acumen - 'beyond the books', take ur request kindly and spark up this place with their knowledge.

A wise man once said and I quote " If i have an idea and u have an idea and I give you mine and you give me yours, then we both will have 2 ideas. But if only one man gives, then.....sneaky: "

3. Hasan

Hasan Bronze Member

Doctor
    Practicing medicine in:
    Bangladesh
    That's what i'm talking about.............since i registered in this forum..........but it's really a matter of sorrow that none paid any heed to my utter..................
    this forum should be a source of learning not merely just showing a picture & stating a diagnosis without excluding other differential in a sequence..............
    Everyone here is so good that we should share within ourselves to be best.................there should be positive & working differential in every cases i.e. posted in a thread.

neo_star likes this.
  4. neo_star

neo_star Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    so many ppl responding on facebook, but hardly anybody responds on the forum. Those who post the challenges, take time out from their normal schedule (studies or working) and if nobody responds, den eventually dey will lose their motivation.

the ppl who post r not doing it 4 any incentive....it's 2 sharpen their own minds and those of their colleagues, so dat collectively we become better docs and try to live up to the expectations of those who bet their life on our intellectual enterprise.

and don't b afraid of being wrong.....becos nobody on the planet learns without making mistakes and it's better to make mistakes within the family and get them corrected, so that we giv d best to society (Y)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013