free-downloads CSEVideos
for doctors how to make money online

The Australian Medical Council

Discussion in 'AMC' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Living In:
    Egypt

The Australian Medical Council (AMC) is the Australian national standards advisory body for medical education and training.

The examination comprises of 2 parts, a multiple-choice exam and a clinical examination.

The Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ) is a test of the principles and practice of medicine in the fields of internal medicine, paediatrics, psychiatry, surgery and obstetrics and gynaecology. A number of questions on each discipline also have a focus on general practice.

The Clinical Component of the Amc Exam consists of an entire morning or afternoon spent assessing your clinical skills though stations. These scenarios will contain a clinical scenario and you will be asked a number of tasks - most of the time it is essentially generic - a short clinical preamble, and then 'Take a history and proceed' as your instruction.

For More Info Visit The Australian Medical Council or AMC Forum Here : http://forum.facmedicine.com/amc

AMC Exams.png

Add Reply
    Alma J and SAH like this.

2. g12321

g12321 Super Moderator

Living In:
    Mauritius
    I am more interested in the % of IMG who are able to get residency in Australia after completing the AMC.

3. doctor ramy

doctor ramy Well-Known Member

AMC is good

Egyptian Doctor likes this.
  4. Pedram BK

Pedram BK Young Member

As an under graduate how can i get in to this field? Im doin science at the moment

5. Clement Hajian

Clement Hajian Young Member

Living In:
    Brazil
    Hello dear Mrs.
    I'm a doctor here in Brazil and I wonder to know some informations, please, which unfortunately I have not yet got:
    - 1st) Having just graduated in 1988 and now with 51 years it would be the possibility, to me, of working as a doctor in Australia?
    - 2nd) There would be the possibility of acting in an alternative area as homeopath, acupuncturist, or orthomolecular? I have international certification in Chinese acupuncture, as well.
    - 3rd) There would be the possibility of holding an academic career, even as resident in any clinical area such as hematology, or general practitioner?
    - 4th) I would like to achieve international certification exam to join as a doctor, which is certified by the Australian Medical Council, let me know, please, if it is possible in my situation and how and where I could take this exam?
    - 5th) In having the approval, there would be the possibility of some interview, to act as a hematologist, general practitioner, or in an alternative area?

Thank you very much for your attention,

Clement

6. Ighodaro

Ighodaro Young Member

Living In:
    Nigeria
    Pls where can I pay for the exams,and how do I apply

7. Salman Zafar

Salman Zafar Young Member

Living In:
    Pakistan
    I want to know that after passing AMC,do immigrants able to get residency in australia or continue their carrer as medical officer??