centered image

centered image

The Australian Medical Council

Discussion in 'AMC' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

The Australian Medical Council (AMC) is the Australian national standards advisory body for medical education and training.

The examination comprises of 2 parts, a multiple-choice exam and a clinical examination.

The Multiple Choice Questionnaire (MCQ) is a test of the principles and practice of medicine in the fields of internal medicine, paediatrics, psychiatry, surgery and obstetrics and gynaecology. A number of questions on each discipline also have a focus on general practice.

The Clinical Component of the Amc Exam consists of an entire morning or afternoon spent assessing your clinical skills though stations. These scenarios will contain a clinical scenario and you will be asked a number of tasks - most of the time it is essentially generic - a short clinical preamble, and then 'Take a history and proceed' as your instruction.

For More Info Visit The Australian Medical Council or AMC Forum Here : http://forum.facmedicine.com/amc

AMC Exams.png

Add Reply
    Alma J and SAH like this.

2. g12321

g12321 Super Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    Mauritius
    I am more interested in the % of IMG who are able to get residency in Australia after completing the AMC.

hggunay likes this.
  3. doctor ramy

doctor ramy Well-Known Member

AMC is good

Egyptian Doctor likes this.
  4. Pedram BK

Pedram BK Young Member

As an under graduate how can i get in to this field? Im doin science at the moment

5. Clement Hajian

Clement Hajian Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Brazil
    Hello dear Mrs.
    I'm a doctor here in Brazil and I wonder to know some informations, please, which unfortunately I have not yet got:
    - 1st) Having just graduated in 1988 and now with 51 years it would be the possibility, to me, of working as a doctor in Australia?
    - 2nd) There would be the possibility of acting in an alternative area as homeopath, acupuncturist, or orthomolecular? I have international certification in Chinese acupuncture, as well.
    - 3rd) There would be the possibility of holding an academic career, even as resident in any clinical area such as hematology, or general practitioner?
    - 4th) I would like to achieve international certification exam to join as a doctor, which is certified by the Australian Medical Council, let me know, please, if it is possible in my situation and how and where I could take this exam?
    - 5th) In having the approval, there would be the possibility of some interview, to act as a hematologist, general practitioner, or in an alternative area?

Thank you very much for your attention,

Clement

6. Ighodaro

Ighodaro Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Nigeria
    Pls where can I pay for the exams,and how do I apply

7. Salman Zafar

Salman Zafar Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Pakistan
    I want to know that after passing AMC,do immigrants able to get residency in australia or continue their carrer as medical officer??