centered image

centered image

The Best Ways to Burn Your Belly Fat Fast

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by Egyptian Doctor, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

1. Sleep

If you want to work late at night, think again. When your biorhythms are off, you end up eating more. When you’re tired you produce more ghrelin, which triggers cravings for sugar and other fat-building foods. Losing sleep can also alter your hormone production, affecting your cortisol levels that cause insulin sensitivity, prime reasons for belly fat! Getting about 7 hours of sleep a night is one of the best things you can do for your body shaping goals.

2. Short bursts of exercises

1000 crunches a night may get you strong abdominal muscles, but with a full layer of fat on top, you will not get the results you really want. Instead of all those crunches, do exercises that engage multiple muscle groups and work your cardiovascular system. Try planking, where you hold yourself in a push-up position, resting your forearms on the ground. Try 3 or 4 sets of holding for 30 seconds each. Getting up and moving throughout the day by going for walks will also help.

3. Sugar is your Enemy

Fighting belly fat is 80% healthy diet. Reduce calories by filling yourself up with protein, vegetables, whole grains, and replacing bad habit snacks with good ones. For example, if you have a sugar craving, replace your calorie laden latte with a Muscle Milk lite, one of my favorites, because it has zero sugar and a ton of protein that will satiate while also torching my sugar craving! Another great trick is a sprinkle of cinnamon in your morning coffee or oatmeal- the spice has been shown to help stabilize blood sugar. It also slows the rate at which food exits the stomach, which helps you feel fuller longer.

4. Vitamin C

When you’re under extreme stress, you secret more cortisol hormone. Vitamin C helps balance the cortisol spikes that happen to you under this stress. Besides being a good way to counteract a cold, Vitamin C is also essential for making carnitine, a compound used by the body to turn fat into fuel, making this vitamin your fat burning friend.
    If you’re going through an emotional crisis, stress from work, or a bad eating splurge, increase your vitamin C ”“ it’ll help counteract the negative side effects. Try bell peppers, kale or kiwi fruits. These have even more Vitamin C than the famous Orange!

5. Eat Fat

Yup, you heard me! It takes fat to burn fat. Like I said above, it’s sugar that gets you fat, not fat. Good fats include foods rich in Omega 3′s, like salmon, avocados & walnuts. These foods are full of nutrients that help keep you satiated throughout the day.

6. Slowing down your breath

This is a very simple method that you can use even when you’re in the midst of doing something else. Whenever you notice you’re feeling tense and uptight check and see how you’re breathing. Most people under stress either alternate holding their breath with short breaths, or take rapid shallow breaths. After you become aware of your own breathing, consciously relax your belly and slow down the breathing. This works best if you focus on slowing down the exhalation rather than your inhalation. With each exhalation you can say to yourself “slow down”. That is all there is to it- Simple but surprisingly effective!!!

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2018

2. razzbites123

razzbites123 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    thanks for a great posting. but do you think fat burning supplement will help burn fat also? like Check this out

3. contactandrew

contactandrew Active member

Health adviser
    Practicing medicine in:
    Canada
    Great tips for Ways to Burn Your Belly Fat Fast. Absolutely these factors are very important. With a proper diet and exercise you can maintain your health. After some time there is need to give rest to your stomach. On that time you can use juice cleanse which will help in improving your immune system and detoxifying your body.

4. neo_star

neo_star Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    India

Juice cleanse or similar products cause a faster spike in blood sugars, which if u don't utilise immediately by hitting the gym, will be converted to fat and bring back all that belly fat you lost by the above measures in no time. So always go for whole food with fiber...it actually aids in absorbing cholesterol and toxins. Juices can never be better than whole food esp. 4 somebody who is trying to lose weight.

The only time juices are healthy are post an intense workout...when u actually need some quick calories.

Message in the interest of Humanity
    neo_star

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  5. contactandrew

Health adviser
    Practicing medicine in:
    Canada
    Then in your opinion the people who are getting benefits from juice cleanse are fool and the popularity of juice cleanse have no worth. Can you please tell how to lose with a proper and full diet plan. I know there are some side effects of juicing but you are completely ignoring the benefits of juices. I does not believe in any theory before its practical implementation. I got benefits and many people around me whom I know are also getting benefits then I will say that juice cleanse is good for health and promote it.

6. neo_star

neo_star Moderator

Practicing medicine in:
    India

if it indeed is so beneficial and popular, then u don't need to promote it so much. Do u really think, i don't understand what u r doing.

As far as writing diet plans go, i do it on a daily basis. But diet plans are like shoes, which means one size doesn't fit all. Individual metabolic parameters, other co-morbid conditions, medicines, habits such as alcoholism, smoking, cultural differences all come into play.

Post Dec 4th I will post a general diet plan in great depth as I am presently a little busy.

Till then take care, stay happy and don't spam and most importantly don't take people for a ride, becos GOD is watching
    (-:

7. contactandrew

Health adviser
    Practicing medicine in:
    Canada
    I am not spamming here, in my total 12 posts more than half are the replies for your questions. And one thing more do not be afraid with me I will not be able to make a change in the world with some posts in a community. Again I am saying I am not here to spam I am just promoting the product from which I gain benefit. It is a human nature that if you get benefit from some thing you always try to aware people about the things. Don not take it personal It is not for you. All the best for your upcoming general diet plan post.