centered image

centered image

The World's Bendiest Woman

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Next time you're struggling to get into the downward dog at your yoga class, let these pictures serve as inspiration to push yourself that little bit further.

This is Zlata, reported to be the world's bendiest woman, who can twist herself like a snake into the most extreme poses imaginable - and has broken numerous world records for her flexibility.

The Russian-born 27-year-old can be seen in a skin-tight red PVC catsuit looking like a spider as well as Fifties-inspired elastic glamour puss.

Zlata – real name Julia Guenthel – is set to be the star of the upcoming International Contortion Convention in Germany, where she now lives.

Performers, trainers and acrobats will meet in Bergisch Gladbach, near Cologne, for workshops, shows and various special events with Zlata as the main event.

Zlata, who has been contorting herself since she was four years old, is also a former gymnast.

However, after discovering how much she loved twisting herself into odd shapes, she joined an after-school circus class and has never looked back.

She said: “As soon as I started doing it I was addicted and I knew this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.”

Zlata is so incredibly flexible she can cram herself into a 50cm squared box.

But it wasn’t always so easy, as a child Zlata’s peers were very jealous of her extraordinary ability.

“In Russia being flexible is a very good thing to be because everyone is really into gymnastics,” she added.

“Some of the other girls didn't like how good I was.”

Zlata, who is 5’8, said she doesn’t watch what she eats to stay in such good shape, but she does have to work out rigorously every day.

She said: “Doing these poses just feels very natural to me.

“Sometimes it can get a bit uncomfortable if I have to hold a pose for a long time in photo shoots.

“But I think that's like anyone who sits down for a long time - their muscles get stiff.”

Zlata added: “I don't really diet but I have to train very hard to keep my muscles in shape and to be as flexible as possible.”

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply
    Huda Bukhari and JasmineZ like this.

2. mahmoudah2003

mahmoudah2003 Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Saudi Arabia
  3. indra

indra Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Indonesia
    Woooowwwwww

4. JasmineZ

JasmineZ Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Syria
    Ehler Danlos syndrome should be ruled out

5. Rodrick Lwando

Rodrick Lwando Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Zambia
    She looks not scared of breaking her body.

6. Rodrick Lwando

Rodrick Lwando Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Zambia
    These are the women we need! If I had an opportunity to lavish my love on her, I think I would exchange her for food at a shopping mall. hahahahahahahahahah! Am just jocking!