centered image

centered image

This Neurosurgeon Resident Just Made History at Johns Hopkins Medical School

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Ghada Ali youssef, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Ghada Ali youssef

Ghada Ali youssef Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Ghanaian medical student, Nancy Abu-Bonsrah just became the first black, female neurosurgical resident at Johns Hopkins’ Hospital, and is now officially every African parent’s dream.

Abu-Bonsrah, who moved to the U.S. with her parents at 15, received the news last week after completing the matching process, which occurs yearly for medical students throughout the country. She’s received prior medical training at Johns Hopkins and will graduate from the university before beginning her residency.

“I am very much interested in providing medical care in underserved settings, specifically surgical care, I hope to be able to go back to Ghana over the course of my career to help in building sustainable surgical infrastructure,” said Abu-Bonsrah in a statement. “I will be matching into neurosurgery, a field that I am greatly enamored with, and hope to utilize those skills in advancing global surgical care.”

The doctor hopes to build a lasting legacy in the medical world, which should be no issue, given what she’s already accomplished. “I want to be remembered for serving my community, whether it is through providing quality surgical care or helping mentor the next generation of surgeons,” she says.

Major congrats to her!

5ca4865f52d47f34b7cf1b5b093273ee.jpg

Source

Add Reply