centered image

Three TED Talks Med Students Should Watch

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

4bf445e5e7b11f4d545d897e147caefa.jpg

Internal is a little rough, so I want to share three TED talks that have opened my eyes this year. You might find it interesting that only one of these relate directly to healthcare.

1. How To Get Naked With Your Doctor by Pamela Wible M.D.

So this is the medical one. This talk addresses the wellness of doctors as well as the wellness of patients, and how they are more intertwined than we could imagine. Not only does she address the taboo of physician suicide, but she shows how a doctor can practice the kind of medicine they want, make a living wage, without shooting their patient in the foot. This talk really inspired me and is a great help for those times when you feel “stuck”.

2. The Puzzle Of Motivation by Dan Pink

This one requires a little patience. It’s very interesting, but it takes a while to figure out why it applies. It really helps you to think of the way you self-motivate and the way you plan your future in terms of incentivising. (It really starts picking up at about 12:40.)

3. Why You Will Fail To Have A Great Career by Larry Smith

This guy is witty and makes great points. It sounds a bit down-in-the-dumps initially, but pay attention. This is great for high school students and undergraduates too!

Source

Add Reply