centered image

Tokyo Medical University Altered Admission Test Scores To Keep Women Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

Still from Doctor-X: Surgeon Michiko Daimon

Tokyo Medical University has reportedly altered the admission test results of female applicants to keep the number of women in the student body low.

Japanese paper Yomiuri Shimbun said the situation came to light when prosecutors were investigating a scandal in which the Tokyo Medical University is accused of being bribed by Futoshi Sano, a high-ranking figure in the education ministry, to add points to his son's entrance exam score.

Futoshi Sano, who was arrested last month, has reportedly denied the allegations.

[​IMG]

Japanese paper Yomiuri Shimbun citing sources, said the university began lowering the admission test scores of female applicants to its medical school since 2011, after the 2010 results showed an increasing number (40%) of successful female applicants.

After that, the university began trying to keep the percentage of women admitted each year to around 30%.

one source told:

Women often quit after graduating and becoming a doctor, when they get married and have a child. There is a consensus inside the university that male doctors support the university hospital, which often requires emergency duties and long shifts.

In 2018, the ratio of women accepted after the first round of tests was 14.5%, compared with 18.9% for men.

In the second and final test stage, just 2.9% of female applicants were admitted, compared with 8.8% of male applicants.

[​IMG]

Still from Doctor-X: Surgeon Michiko Daimon

I suppose that means that I'll ask for a female doctor if I ever have to go to a hospital in Japan because that means they're twice as good as a man to get that job?

Source

Add Reply