centered image

centered image

Top 10 Reasons to Date a Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Egyptian Doctor, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Dating a doctor definitely has some major benefits. Let’s look at a few of the reasons to date a doctor!

1. They’re smart-
    They went through A LOT of schooling to get where they’re at. They had to take sciences and maths that would make the average head spin!

2. Free doctor visits-
    If you’re feeling sick and need some expert advice on your tummy trouble or sprained ankle, you can always ask the doctor you’re dating!

3. Financial stability-
    One of the fabulous perks of dating a doctor is their bank account.

4. They listen well-
    Doctors are trained to listen very attentively to what you have to say and to process what you are telling them. Dating a female doctor will boost this benefit even more because of a female’s natural caring and attentive nature.

5. They’re fixers-
    Doctors are trained to fix you. Their job is to problem solve and get everything working back to normal.

6. Can’t gross them out-
    Doctors have seen the worst of the worst. Your funky skin rash isn’t going to send them running for the hills. With the gross things they deal with everyday, it is very hard to surprise them.

7. They’re committed-
    All of the schooling, studying, training and practicing took a lot of effort and dedication to complete. Dating a physician has many pros and this is a big one.

8. Interesting conversation-
    One of the things you can look forward to if you’re trying to figure out how to meet a doctor to date is the stimulating conversation.There’s no such thing as “just another day at the office” in the medical field.

9. They’re Dependable-
    Doctors are often on-call and have to be available at any hour of the day. You can rest assured that your doctor will be there for you any time you need them!

10. Status-
    Love should have nothing to do with titles or salaries, but doctors do come with a prestigious status. Doctors are highly respected in society and dating one puts you right alongside of them.

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2021

2. Pia Mater

Pia Mater Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
  3. shuchi

shuchi Active member

dentist
    Practicing medicine in:
    India
  4. Manar Ghonem

Manar Ghonem Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
  5. Ade citra ashari

Ade citra ashari Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Indonesia
  6. nader77

nader77 Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Iran
    well done

7. Taruna Ikrar

Taruna Ikrar Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    I totally agree.

8. spandexcoleslaw

spandexcoleslaw Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Australia
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. Whoever wrote this has either never met a doctor, or is a doctor and has their head is so far up his/her own ass that a Kielland's forceps would be needed to remove it. Interesting conversation? Financial stability? Dependable? Fixers? Are you f**king serious?!!!
    Medicine has destroyed me. I am incapable of talking about anything else but my job (because there's no time for anything else), rendering me boring to anyone who's listening. I'm hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from tuition fees. After a night on call there is no hope in hell I'll "be there for you when you need them!"....guess what motherf**er, I'll be sleeping! I have no interest in fixing things other than disease, and even then it's for the most part impossible for to do for anything chronic (which is practically everything you encounter at work).
    I'm a doctor, I'm not proud of it, and I sure as hell wouldn't date me.

9. verycoldheart86

verycoldheart86 Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Every doctor has his own personality outside work.

10. Ray

Ray Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Notice this article is about "doctors". Premeds, interns and residents .... we're still out in the cold ;-) ;-) ;-)

11. dranunezmarte

dranunezmarte Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Dominican Republic
  12. Alex132

Alex132 Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Austria
    I really dont know who wrote that. And I don't know if it really matters. The thing is all of it is just bullshit.Let's be serios for a moment.Once you are accepted in a medical school you really don't have time for nothing else but for medicine and that's exactly how your whole life is going to be like. Just because you are a doctor it doesn't mean that you have to be smart..everyone can learn exactly like you can.Free doctor visit's..hmm ok you have a point here.Financial stability?! really?!? i have lot of friends who have more money than maybe i will ever have and they are not doctor's they have a family's and they cand really listen to the problems of theyr family..why??? well that's because they have te time and the energy to do it. At the end of the day I as a doctor really have no energy left for anything..I am all day long in a hospital..i come home at night most of the time...and really I don't have the time or the energy left to listen to anyone.We can fix things?!? because we don't have time for anything else but for medicine we really don't have the time to do anything around the house...you'd rather pay someone to fix things for you even if you really don't have a lot of money.about the gross part and the committed part...really we are committed but sadly to one thing and that is medicine. It's not everyone's choice. Most of us have no ideea what a doctor's life is like. No one tells you that medicine will take eveything from you.Our life is all about our work because we don't have the time for annything else.
    Interesting conversation...that's really stupid...what do you think you can talk about with someone if all you do is to practice you job as a doctor?!? if nothing new comes in your daily life you won't have anything to talk about.Normal people are not interested in our job and that's one of the reason's why they didn't choose this life.Sadly you really won't know what to talk about because you won't know annything else beside medicine. AS A DOCTOR I WILL NEVER BE THERE FOR YOU..because i don't want to ?!? NO !! NOT ME...but because of my job i really can't do that. About the status...yes people respect us..some of them..but the ones who have a clue what our life is like..they fell bad for us...who needs a status?!? if you would be my wife thats all what you would get from me.Beeing allway at work in the hospital and have to read all the time while at home about medicine i wont be able to stay with you or talk to you or to be there for you.

I REALLY WOULDN'T WANT MY CHILD TO DATE SOMEONE WITH MY PROFESSION.

13. Alex132

Alex132 Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Austria
    really if you want to have a social life..to have friends..a family...you shouldn't study medicine.Do anything else and you will have money..free time and all the beautiful things that life can give to you..you will be happy.Beeing all day long in a hospital around sick people..and when you get back home really late and there is no one waiting for you..that's no life...we are social animals we need to interact with people to talk about our problems with them to trust them...but as a docotor you won't have any of this...all the people around you will be the sick people and the other doctor's and no one is in the hospital to listen to your problems.No mather how sad you are what problems you have..you can't show it at work..you need to forget about everything...if you think that's possible. If i had a chance to start it all over again I would never choose medicine again...and now i would do anything to have a different job..but sadly im not good at anything...that's what it means to study medicine...you wont be able to do annything else then to be a docotr

for thous who love this kind of life...i'm really happy for you but start telling the real ugly truth about our profession...people need to know that...we need to tell them ..we can't tell them lies..

Mabuhay and Huda Bukhari like this.
  14. sakshi supehia

sakshi supehia Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    No.comments.....:(

15. Mabuhay

Mabuhay Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Doctors date their own kind :D Plus they don't have the time for anything at all. :D
    Just saying - :D

16. Laouse

Laouse Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Nigeria
    arrrh! scary

17. Buba Barrow

Buba Barrow Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Gambia
    I am A Nurse, but I gues dz are several reasons y my girl left me 4 a Doc....
    I wis se understans hw carin we de nurses are-24hrs bein and listenin to our patients,while doctors oli so up in a fraction of a second to emback un wat thay call a .....ward round....ani wai is a good idea if se chose to play it dat wai...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  18. katia

katia Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Bolivia