centered image

centered image

Top 10 Study Tips

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Ghada Ali youssef, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ghada Ali youssef

Ghada Ali youssef Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

1. Time management – This is the key to almost anything in life. Try to learn how to manage your time early on to prevent stress (as much as you can).

1a158d346c4a4ea9e372bf5508877b7e.png

2. Learn when you study best – For me, this is the mornings. Although it can be hard to wake up sometimes, I am way more productive in the morning. I prefer to get a lot of done early on so I can have time at the end of the day to relax.

3. Study smart, not hard – This is something that I am really big on. Find ways to make the most out of the time you study. Usually for me this means starting with “high yield” material and working your way down to the details.

4. Take breaks – Depending on how often you need them, you can take a break every hour or every couple, but they are definitely important to take.

5. Use outside resources – Lectures are great, but sometimes you need resource books or videos to help you nail down harder topics.

6. Make check lists – They can be mental or physical, but sometimes knowing you are getting things done is a great motivator.

4da033de877252f05065ad48f921aa23.jpg

7. Get sleep – We all have heard this one, and we all don’t like to listen. Sleep really is important and it helps you retain what you are learning.

8. Eat right – This goes a long with getting sleep. I have found that eating healthy improves my concentration and alertness when studying.

fd1b06b103433ebb5b88cebbeedb9a9a.jpg

9. Exercise – Staying in shape helps you feel better and getting your heart rate up can help you relieve stress.

a4e5d26e9ccab50b8a06214561d78c94.jpg

10. Take time for yourself – While this may not seem like a study tip, it really is important to prevent burnout and maximize your study time.

Source

Add Reply
    Michael Daniel and S_Silva like this.