centered image

centered image

USMLE and MCCEE

Discussion in 'MCCEE & MCCQE' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

There are some similarities between the examinations. The USMLE and the MCCEE examinations both use multiple-choice questions. The USMLE and MCCEE feature questions that have a patient problem in the stem followed by a question relating to that problem. The question is then followed by five options with one of the options being the correct answer.

There are also some important differences between the USMLE and the MCCEE. The USMLE Step 1 tests basic science knowledge that is not explicitly tested on the MCCEE. The Medical Council of Canada assumes that knowledge of basic science is needed to answer MCCEE questions. The USMLE Step 2 and the MCCEE test clinical knowledge at the level of someone going into supervised medical practice. However, the material tested on the USMLE Step 2 may be different than the material tested on the MCCEE. The USMLE Step 2 assesses knowledge along two dimensions: Normal Conditions and Disease Categories, and Physician Tasks. The information tested on the MCCEE is based on the clinical presentations found in the Objectives for the Qualifying Examination published by the MCC. The USMLE Step 3 tests the clinical knowledge of someone who is ready for independent medical practice and is, therefore, testing different material than the MCCEE. The USMLE and the MCCEE also differ in their scoring and reporting procedures.

It is reasonable to expect that there will be some content overlap between the USMLE and the MCCEE but there are also significant differences between the examinations. It is best to check the USMLE.org website for content covered in the USMLE and the Objectives for the Qualifying Examination for content covered in MCC examinations and study accordingly.

Read More About MCCEE & MCCQE : forum.FacMedicine.com/mccee-mccqe/

Add Reply

2. anany

anany Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Oman
    thanksssssssssssssssss

3. david222

david222 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    I am an IMG in Canada and want to pass some exam in order to work in the line of clinical doctor. I heard it is frustrated to pass Canada Medical License Exams as the government only offers a few vavancies each year. Some Canada trained graduates have to be resident in the states. Except these exams, is there other ways to go back to medical doctor? Our past clinical experienece is still useful? Does everyone have to start from resident training? If no choice, should I try USMLE or MCCEE? Which one is better for IMG. I appreicate any one who can help me or post his ideas to this forum.

4. wahaha007

wahaha007 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.