centered image

What I Wish I Said to Every Med School I Applied To

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Egyptian Doctor, May 20, 2014.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A hypothetical email exchange with every med school I applied to:

12/14/13 4:36p

Dear Admissions Committee,

I am very interested in your medical school. For your consideration I have attached my personal statement and cover letter. Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Rachel
    12/21/13 10:32p

My name is Rachel and I applied to your medical school. I just wanted to follow up with my application to make sure it had been received and to give you my phone number in case you had any questions about my application.
    Again, thank you for considering me for a position in the Class of 2018, I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
    Rachel

1/12/14 6:32p

I hope all is going well with the admissions process. I know that decision emails were scheduled to be sent out on the tenth of January and since I never received an email saying I was either accepted or rejected I just wanted to follow up and make sure you’d received my application. If not, I have attached my personal statement and AMCAS application again. Thank you for your continued support in this application process.

Rachel

1/15/14 3:12a

Wow OK I just saw online that yuou have closed the interview process? Like you’re donee? Which is ridic becuse i’m litterally OVER qualified and applied like three times. So it makes no sense to me why yuor not accpeting someone TOO qualified and has applied and not even been considered. YOu’re not looking for applicants anymore? But liek I’m everythign you want and i’m everything you need. why don’t you just accept me? thiis is rahcel btw.

1/15/14 12:10p

I just wanted to apologize for an email I wrote earlier today. It was inappropriate and unacceptable. I understand that your university has a particular set of skills and qualifications you are looking for in potential student. I hope that my momentary indiscretion does not hurt my relationship with your school moving forward.

My Apologies,
    Rachel

1/16/14 12:35p

Hey are my emails going through?

1/16/13 9:24p

It just seems pretty unprofessional on your part not to respond to me ever. The least you could do is tell me you’re ignoring me.

1/21/14 2:34a

I just want to let you guys know that this is YOUR loss. All my friends say I’m way too good for you anyway. Also like how you treat people is really messed up. like these are people’s feelings and lives? like i jsut think you’re too immature to handle somethign real and like everyone says i’m WAY too good for you. EVERYONE. even your friends. and honestly, other schools who are way better and more prestigious than you are really interested in hiring me so idk why i was just settlign for you inthe first place. the only reason i applied was becuase i assumed if you were rejecting me you were too good for me but i think you’re just projecting your insecurities about being a small school. and like just be careful bvecuase you may think being this stand offish and mysterious makes you look cool to college girls like me but youre eventually going to just end up wiht no studnets at all, completley alone. so actually i feel bad for you not me. I’ll move on and eventually even have a job, but all you’ll have is rejecting students for the rest of your life. this email is to let you know i’m officially moving on, not that you care. But i just want to let you know, I could have made you very, very happy. I’m sorry your own insecurity prevented us from ever working togehter.

Rachel

2/22/14 5:54p

Hey I know I said I was done talking to you but I need all those extra personal statements I sent to you. This has nothing to do with you or us but I need them back for other schools. Just leave them in a box with the receptionist please. I really don’t want to see you any more than you want to see me, but I really do need these resumes back and there’s nothing I can do about it.

Thanks
    Rachel

2/24/14 1:33p

Hey I just got the personal statements back. thanks for leaving them with your receptionist. So obviously that means you were ignoring my earlier emails but whatever. I just popped into your office to say thanks but I see you’re out to lunch or something. So thanks. Have a nice life.

Sent from my iPhone

5/23/13 3:12a

COURTNEY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THTS WHO YOU PICKED OVER ME? wow ok now i see that you just wanted someone with like a perfect GPA and research and whatever and im glad you didnt pick me beucase im actually smart and intellignt and talented. i hope you two are happy together whatever im over it and my other meds chool is gong awesome and im so hppy it didnt work out between us because whatever i hoesntly dont care and im so happy now and wow courtney ahahah lol ok have a nice life.

8/15/14 10:46p

I am currently a senior graduating from the University of Pennsylvania this May. I am interested in applying to your full time position. I have had a longstanding interest in your school. I have attached my personal statement for your consideration.

Regards,
    Rachel

PS. I know our history has been somewhat tumultuous, but I’m in a really good place right now, and I’ve changed a lot since last year. I always felt like there was a special bond between me and your school, and maybe now that we’re both older, I think an acceptance would really allow us to explore that spark. Think about it, I’d really love to give this thing a second chance.

[​IMG]

Written by : Rachel Greenberg
    Source

Add Reply
    hira javed likes this.

2. saraanjacxon

saraanjacxon Well-Known Member

Freelancer
    Practicing medicine in:
    United States