centered image

What Is It Like To Marry A Doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Depends on the doctor. When I first began dating the surgical fellow who's now my husband, I was fairly sure I'd never see him, and couldn't believe he wasn't a pompous jerk. Surgeons are known for that sort of crap.

Turns out this one is just a sweet, humble person who makes all the time he possibly can for me — a lovable perfectionist who doesn't fail at anything, be it med school or residency or a dinner recipe or a relationship with an obnoxious woman. He's my best friend and favorite person of all time, albeit one who likes to go to bed at 9 p.m.

Have fun with your man. And let him sleep.

Update: I'm looking back at your question, and have another thought. You're 21, bless your heart, and many 21-year-olds are jealous and worried about all sorts of things. Here's what you need to know:

Your husband will be home very late at times, as other commenters have noted, and will get weird calls and texts in the middle of the night. No one as tired as him would have an affair at 3 a.m., though. Ever. It's not a sign of cheating.

Certain women will act silly around him because he's got such a classically impressive job. Enjoy it. Laugh together. It's not a sign of cheating.

He may have close female colleages, which you must remember is a good thing for all of us, and a sign that the tide is finally turning for women in medicine. Repeat: It's not a sign of cheating. And you should have the girl docs over for dinner, by the way, because they're fun.

He will see all sorts of naked people, too, though the experience is about as sexual as prodding a wad of earwax. This is REALLY not a sign of cheating.

For your own sanity, in other words, you must never overthink things. Take a wild leap of love and trust.

Take all the vacations you can possibly afford. Get out of debt, though, and forget the notion that all doctors live in huge mansions — that was the 1980s, and the medical industry has changed. Maintain your own career. And again, let him sleep. :)

dc92a6c931a831ccfb13646e49cac423._.jpg

Source

Add Reply