centered image

What Percentage Of Female Medical Doctors Never Marry?

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, May 7, 2019.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Exactly 5% of the female doctors I know have never married, but she’s still in her early 30s, highly intelligent, wealthy, charming and quite beautiful too, so probably still in with a chance. It’s the others you should feel sorry for: the ones who aced their exams , excelled in their careers, wowed their colleagues, but still felt empty inside because all they really wanted was a chap who made them feel inferior. They gazed forlornly in the mirror one day (the same day for all 19 of them, but different mirrors) and came to the abrupt realisation that their intellects, career success and absolute determination not to vary their narrow perspectives of success, look outside their workplace for a partner or stray from the romantic preferences universal to all other women on earth had left them only 3 choices: embrace a life of solemn spinsterhood, abandon their identities and sink back to the grimmest depths of the social hierarchy so that all men could again become fair game, or to perhaps settle, yes settle, for a disarmingly witty and devilishly handsome young man with enough self-esteem (just barely) to endure the lifelong humiliation afflicting anyone whose wife has a more successful career.

[​IMG]

I recognize that there’s a serious question here, however hamfisted the expression of it, so for a more serious answer, I have it on Good Authority that:

• Within the hospital work environment, there is often fierce competition for the romantic attention of male doctors, much less for female ones.
    • Many female doctors find happiness with partners from outside of hospital medicine, especially less monolithic industries where the success hierarchy is more vague (to put it bluntly, many doctor’s husbands I know just don’t care about any status difference, real or perceived)
    • Relationships with non-medical partners tend to blossom either early or late in the medical training because of limited time and inconvenient interstate placements in the middle.
    • Online dating platforms help a lot.
    • Some doctors are not heterosexual, so much of the above doesn’t apply to them.
    Source

Add Reply