centered image

centered image

What Your Poop Says About You (For Serious)

Discussion in 'Gastroenterology' started by dr.omarislam, Nov 5, 2017.

1. dr.omarislam

dr.omarislam Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

What do your poops say about you? This may sound like a joke, but you can actually learn a lot about your health from your daily doo.

In this video, I’ll give you the full scoop… on what is and isn’t a good poop.

Has your doctor ever asked you about your poop? Did your parents tell you what to look for? Didn't think so. But Mama Natural is going there.

Hippocrates says that all disease begins in the gut. SO we wanna be sure that what’s coming out of the gut looks good.

There are three main things to look for

1 Frequency
    2 Form
    3 Color

I’ll cover them all here.

1. Frequency

It's best to have at least one complete bowel movement a day. You should feel like your bowels have emptied rather than just partially eliminated.

Some people go 2-3 times a day. This can be because of faster metabolisms, more robust good bacteria, or the quantity of food they eat.

If you are eliminating more than 3 times a day, you are entering into the world of diarrhea which I will address next.
    Some people will say if you go every couple of days it's fine, but I disagree. This one of our body's greatest ways to eliminate toxins, acids and other stuff, so it's best to do daily.

2. Form

This is important, and it isn't talked about often.

We want to be sure our poops are well formed. This ensures we've digested and assimilated the nutrients from our food, and are eliminating acids and toxins properly.

Watch the video for a handy reference called the Bristol chart.

Type 1: Separate hard lumps, like little balls (hard to pass)
    Type 2: Sausage-shaped, but lumpy
    Type 3: Like a sausage but with cracks on its surface
    Type 4: Like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft
    Type 5: Soft blobs with clear cut edges (passed easily)
    Type 6: Fluffy pieces with ragged edges, a mushy stool
    Type 7: Watery, no solid pieces. Entirely liquid

Can you guess where you want to be on the chart?

If you said #4, you’re right!

So what's next?

Source

Add Reply