centered image

centered image

What’s In My Carry-On: Conference Edition

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

If you know me, then you know I travel A LOT for various conferences throughout the year due to my involvement with AMA and AAMC. I’ve almost become somewhat of a pro actually. I know what I will need, won’t need, and what I just might need. I’ve gotten it down to an art really. So I thought it would be fun to share a few travel essentials in my carry-on purse when I’m traveling for a conference. Here goes:

[​IMG]

• Gum. I hate when my ears pop and bad breath, so gum is a must. Plus, I’m a total gum chewer, so this is an essential anyway.
    • Earphones. If I want to listen to some music, an audiobook, or a podcast, these are basically a must.
    • Tablet/laptop. If I want to do some studying, work on my blog, or read an e-book, this comes in very handy.
    • Tinted lip balm. Airplanes are notorious for the dry, recycled air. It takes a toll on your lips, so I like to keep a tinted lip balm to moisturize and bring some color back to my lips.
    • Wallet + boarding pass. Both of these are rather important. I mean who doesn’t need a form of identification or money or your ticket to get on the plane?
    • Granola bar. You just never know when hunger will strike and I prefer to be prepared for that time.
    • Mini first-aid kit. You just never know when you’ll need it.
    • Sunglasses. If I’m looking a mess exiting the plane, then sunglasses can totally help mask that.
    • Cell phone. Need I say more?
    What are your carry-on essentials when you travel?

Source

Add Reply