centered image

centered image

Why Do Most Doctors I Meet Appear Angry, Irritable, Tired, And Busy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

This question was originally posted on Quora.com and was answered by Sachin Ramesh, Surgeon in make, sports enthusiast, wanderlust.

[​IMG]

Most of the times we try to be as gentle, kind and compassionate as possible in daily clinical practice but when system forces you to work out of your way. Eventually everybody is going to get irritated. I have tried to make few reasons below.

1. Patient to doctor ratio is very high. Everyday a established clinician forced to deal with so many people, he eventually loses his touch of being humane.

2. Absence of gratitude for sacrifices a doctor makes. Nowadays we commonly see people saying you do your job because you get paid. I wonder would a engineer or anybody would work through holidays and few night shifts a week for same salary he gets now!

3. Being underpaid. I dont rule out that few doctors are making really good money but most of us, are not! It is really difficult to keep doing good job when doing good karma doesnot come back. I have seen people hesitating to go to doctor because they think doctors charge too much. I have seen well earning and learned people do it.

There are lots of things, it takes atleast 9 years (6 yrs mbbs+ 3 yrs pg) to come out and start practising to earn same money as your friends did 6 yrs back. I wish more people came out and laud the efforts doctors do out of their line. That way we will get more inspiration to do good job in daily life more frequently.

Source

Add Reply