centered image

centered image

Woman Hopes To Become A Beauty Queen After Surgery Transformed Her Face

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

'I feel like the ugly duckling that's finally become the swan': Woman, 20, hopes to become a beauty queen after pioneering jaw and dental surgery transformed her face

[​IMG]

• Ellie Jones was born with a jaw deformity that meant her teeth did not align
    • Her orthodontist realised her jaw hadn't grown since she was 8 years old
    • She says the jaw realignment surgery has helped change her life completely
    • Miss Jones, a shop assistant from Rhyl, is now hoping to be crowned Miss Wales
    A woman is battling to become a beauty queen - after having pioneering surgery to fix her deformed face.

Ellie Jones, 20, was born with a congenital facial deformity that meant her teeth were not aligned.

She went to have braces fitted aged 14 and her orthodontist realised her jaw hadn't grown since she was eight.

Miss Jones, from Rhyl in Wales, visited a maxillofacial surgeon who helped transform her life over the next six years.

And now she is hoping to be crowned Miss Wales after going from an 'ugly duckling' to a 'beautiful swan'.

bc253936094d4042407579290b189de2.jpg

Ellie Jones, 20, was born with a congenital facial deformity that meant her teeth were not aligned. Over the next six years, she had surgery to fix her jaw. And now she is hoping to be crowned Miss Wales after going from an 'ugly duckling' to a 'beautiful swan'

The shop assistant said: 'I was so shy because of it. I feel like a different person now.

'I have so much more confidence, I feel like the ugly duckling that's finally become the swan.'

Her first operation was when she was 16 and was 'really painful', leaving her unable to talk.

To fix the misalignment surgeons cut open her jaw horizontally and vertically and she also opted for corrective surgery on her chin.

She was on a liquid diet for around a month, and was only able to communicate using a notepad.

It took six months for her to completely heal from the first surgery.

224671e1b620a0e64c7521715ad3e97c.jpg

Transformation: Miss Jones was born with a facial deformity that meant her teeth were not aligned

adcf878fe76b06d1b31841152de98bb0.jpg

Change: She went to have braces fitted aged 14 and the orthodontist realised her jaw hadn't grown since she was eight

'After a while I was able to mumble a few words, and had a lisp for a while due to how swollen my mouth was,' she said.

'About six months after it was my Year 11 prom and it looked good.'

After seeing the before and after pictures of herself, it inspired her to attempt a new challenge.

She discovered the Miss Wales competition on Facebook and decided she would have a look. But she kept her entry a secret to her family until she was selected.

'I wouldn't have considered doing this a couple of years ago,' she added.

'I was shy before but once I'd been through so much to get where I am now I thought: "Why Not, let's go for it".'

Her mother Natalie previously said: 'The surgery has not only changed the way Ellie looked, but also the way she portrays herself.

'Her confidence has grown and she's blossomed into a beautiful young lady.'

Emma Woolley, who conducted the surgery on her jaw, said: 'A lot of people don't actually realise they have a jaw deformity, and just accept that they have difficulties biting.

'By not treating it at a young age, it can cause real difficulties later in life.

'I'm really glad the treatment has made a difference and given Ellie her confidence back.'

f46e2cc935367f1565452a58916ffe9f.jpg

Miss Jones said: 'I have so much more confidence, I feel like the ugly duckling that's finally become the swan'

5511d81af12ea00f55d7032c109a09a7.jpg

After seeing the before and after pictures of herself, Miss Jones was inspired to attempt a new challenge in the form of a beauty competition

Source

Add Reply

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019