centered image

Woman With Muscular Dystrophy Applies To Be A Fashion Model As A Joke, Gets The Job [5 Pictures]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

[​IMG]

She also has muscular dystrophy and relies on an electric wheelchair…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few months ago, she saw a casting call from clothing company Diesel. They were looking for young, hip models that represented a variety of cultural backgrounds. Mercado figured Why not?and sent in some pictures on a lark.

Soon after, she got an email asking for more pics because, “We are kind of interested in having you in the campaign.”

Along with 22 others, Mercado was chosen to be the face of Diesel in their next campaign and went in for a photo shoot with art director Nicola Formichetti. She didn’t know when that campaign was going to launch.

Then on Tuesday she woke up to find that she’d been tagged on Instagram by Formichetti…

[​IMG]

And now her photo is splashed across Diesel’s homepage…

[​IMG]

…and will soon be posted in all their stores.

As you can imagine, she is very excited…

You all have no idea how speechless I am right now…. Thank you for giving me a chance of a lifetime and believing in me. This is beyond everything. You guys that’s me!!

I think we can all agree she played her part perfectly and definitely deserves the spotlight

Source

Add Reply