centered image

centered image

4 Things Every Pre-Med Student Experiences

Discussion in 'Pre Medical Student' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

0c0315cd39a2b11cbca82b8fbdf0df0e.jpg

97067477e717e3b5fa9ecc1493d407d3.jpg

There are certain things all aspiring doctor goes through.

If you’re pre-med student, you know that the path to medical school isn’t easy. Here are a couple of experiences we can definitely all relate to.

Missing out because you have to study

While not exclusive to pre-meds, “Sorry, I can’t—I have to study!” is a phrase every aspiring medical student has used many, many times. Other Interchangeable excuses you may have used include: “I have a hospital shift” or “I have an AMSA meeting.” Pre-meds are a busy bunch, but give us too long of a break and we get antsy to get back to work.

Getting excited over things others find gross

Pre-med students have strong stomachs. Who among us hasn’t searched YouTube to watch doctors perform medical procedures? Pre-meds and their friends can sit through hours of keloid removal videos without so much as batting an eye. But show your friends who aren’t in a pre-med or pre-health program and they may throw up. In general, we’re fascinated by pretty weird things, whether it’s holding a giant millipede in the biology lab or researching the most unbelievable medical oddities.

Being starstruck by medical students

If your university is home to a medical school, chances are the undergraduate pre-med and medical student populations mix from time to time. Running into a medical student on campus can be like spotting a celebrity. You can’t help but want to be them—with their white coats and medical badges. That starstruck feeling also holds true to doctors you may have had the opportunity to shadow.

Feeling so stressed you want to give up

It’s easy to compare the difficulty of the pre-med path to the difficulty of other paths, but it’s important to realize that all paths are challenging in their own way. Getting into medical school and becoming a doctor is hard, but it is important to find the things that keep us motivated and to visit them often. As pre-meds, we just need to remind ourselves from time to time that our ultimate goal is achievable.

Source

Add Reply