centered image

centered image

Doctor In Filmed Uber Tantrum Explains Herself

Discussion in 'Doctors Cafe' started by Egyptian Doctor, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

The Florida doctor captured on video accosting an Uber driver blamed her now-infamous tantrum on a litany of woes, including breaking up with her boyfriend just moments earlier.

“A lot had happened that day, actually,” Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, 30, said Wednesday on “Good Morning America.” “Just minutes prior to that altercation with the Uber driver, my boyfriend and I of two years had just broken up.”

The fourth-year neurology resident has been the poster child for bratty behavior since a YouTube video emerged earlier this month, showing her flipping out on the driver.

“I was extremely stressed out that day,” added Ramkissoon, who said she had been drinking that night and didn’t want to drive home. “It was probably one of the worst days of my life and I was caught at my lowest moment.”

Adding to her rough day was that her father was hospitalized earlier in the day, she said.

“There’s absolutely no excuse for my actions,” she said, only after “GMA” host George Stephanopoulos called her out for making excuses. “I’m ashamed, I’m so sorry. I’ve hurt so many people with this — my family, my friends, my job, the Uber driver. No one deserves to be treated that way and that’s not me.”

Ramkissoon begged for the public’s forgiveness and said she can’t stomach watching the video of herself.

“I see a person that is not me. I am ashamed,” she said.

“I still can’t watch the entire video,” Ramkissoon said. “Every time someone brings it up or tries to ask me what was happening at this point, I can’t.”

The video, shot on Jan. 17 and posted on Jan. 19, shows the pint-sized doc berating the Uber driver who pulled up to pick up another customer.

An irate Ramkissoon jumped in the car, threw things at the driver and tried to knee him in the groin.

“I’m a 5-foot girl that weighs 100 pounds,” she screamed sarcastically at the driver. “I’m getting really like belligerent right now!”

Cops eventually showed up and Ramkissoon apologized to the driver, who didn’t seek to have her arrested or charged.

Since the footage went viral, she’s been suspended by bosses at Jackson Memorial Medical Center.

But Ramkissoon lashed out at critics who said she doesn’t deserve to practice medicine and have been harassing her.

“I think it’s ridiculous and I’m here to own up to what I did,” she said. “I’m taking responsibility for it and I’m asking for forgiveness.”

The brain surgeon concluded: “Be careful what you do in public because the things we do could be taped and we can suffer extreme ramifications for these things.”

1078b1fec7b3308ba78fd88d9ba0d207.jpg

f45c83a7366e61144821cc136d2ffe5c.jpg

Source

Add Reply