Discussion in 'General Surgery' started by ztsk, Feb 20, 2014.
Can you please tell me which book is best for surgery and emergency medicine as a medical student?
big books u can use for reading subjects for the first time or as a reference:
- Bailey & Love's Short Practice of Surgery, 26th Ed (2013 Taylor & Francis)
- Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, 9th Ed (2010 McGraw-Hill): in my opinion it's the best, big, yet simple & concise.
Small books u can use for a review:
- Case Files - Surgery, 2nd Ed (2007 McGraw-Hill).
- Deja Review - Surgery (2008 McGraw-Hill).
- Abernathy's Surgical Secrets, Updated Edition (2004 Elsevier).
- Surgical Recall, 6th Ed (2012 LWW).
For Emergency medicine:
- Oxford Handbook of Accident and Emergency Medicine.
- Emergency Medicine - Diagnosis and Management, 6th Ed (2011 Hodder Arnold).
- Case Files - Emergency Medicine (2005 McGraw-Hill).
- Deja Review - Emergency Medicine (2008 McGraw-Hill): An excellent book for a rapid review.
Thank you very much friend
Separate names with a comma.