centered image

centered image

Case : Abdominal aortic aneurysm

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by shadow, Jul 6, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow Famous Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Macedonia

Hi all. I need your help. My granddad have Abdominal aortic aneurysm. He is 77 years old. He went to doctors when they discover his disease and someone of them said that is not so scary but I read about this and im scared. He have and hernia too. Before 4 years his aorta was 44mm now its 58mm. Some doctors said to him that he can be good only with drug therapy. Can anyone help me with any therapy or its important to do surgery ? I don't know how long he have this disease. Please help me. Thanks alot :)

[​IMG]

Add Reply
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013

2. Emergency medicine Mike

Emergency medicine Mike Bronze Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Czech Republic
    Based on your some informations up, my opinion is that its very potencial dangerous. It can exacerbation to aortic aneurysm disection and its status directly endanger his life with needed urgently surgeon solution. How u indicate up stats is progressive (for 4 years from 44 to 58 today). Its marker for radical surgeon resolving from vital indication!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  3. Mishary almalkey

Mishary almalkey Active member

medical student
    Practicing medicine in:
    Saudi Arabia
    I agree with Mike. It seems progressive and repair sugary is necessary. By now all what he can do is to manage extensively his hypertension preferably with a beta blocker to avoid more dilation of the aneurysm and also avoid anything that increase the blood pressure ( smoking and drinking). Beside this the guidelines indicates that he should has a repair surgery to avoid the risk of sudden rapture. It is also important to know where is actually the aneurysm ( below or above the renal arteries) as the management differ.

Mishary Almalkey
    4th year medical student

4. anshu

anshu Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    India
    "endovascular stenting",pls consult your doctor(cardiologist/ctvs about this) unless teh aneurysm is calcified or thrombosed on its own as a chronic process.if stenting is possible,well...:))i hope he meets the criteria..