centered image

centered image

Dating During Covid: Doctors Give Tips To Stay Safe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Dating during the COVID-19 pandemic has proved to have some challenges. This Valentine's Day will be different as more people have turned to online dating over the past year. Apps like Hinge, Bumble, or Match have become wildly popular as people try to make a connection in a virtual world.

[​IMG]

Doctors said it is important to know when people are telling the truth, especially when it comes to their Covid habits. Physician recruiter at OhioHealth Jackie Ning has been navigating the online dating world, herself during the pandemic.

"Before I got my two vaccines I proposed hiking dates or things outside," Ning said. "Even if you are grabbing a cup of coffee, wearing a giant parka and just taking a stroll, it’s definitely safer and something I feel more comfortable with.”

Working in healthcare, she makes sure to be extra careful with the types of dates she goes on. Her advice is to communicate your COVID boundaries right away.

"I think that because of the pandemic there are a lot more people on the apps. Lots of quality men and women are looking for the same things. It's also refreshing to know that people are yearning for that human connection. It's unprecedented but we're trying to make it work anyway we can," Ning said.

You may also see people posting their vaccination cards on social media or even their dating profiles. Experts do not recommend this, as it can lead to your personal information being compromised. If someone claims to be vaccinated, ask questions if you aren't sure. Doctors recommend asking, 'did you get Moderna or Pfizer? Any side effects? Where did you get your vaccine?' Above all, trust your instincts.

"It is hard because a lot of people lie, and you don't know if they're telling the truth. You really just have to go with your gut a little bit," Ning said.

Ning said it has been fun over the past year to meet so many different people online. Her advice to others, is to trust your instincts and keep an open mind.

"Knowing that the pandemic might be going on for a worth. I think it's worth it to go out and try to meet someone," Ning said.

Source

Add Reply

2. fawnakincey32

fawnakincey32 Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Austria
    Even though dating during the pandemic has been challenging, it's still possible to find love. This Valentine's Day, take the time to connect with someone special, even if it's only in a virtual way.