centered image

centered image

Foods to Get You In the Mood

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Egyptian Doctor, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Some foods may affect hormone levels, brain chemistry, and energy, heightening arousal and sex drive , Lets discuss these foods below :

1- Asparagus : Asparagus is rich in vitamin B6 and folate, both of which can boost arousal and orgasm and it also boasts vitamin E, which stimulates sex hormones in both men and women.

2- Avocados : avocados can give you energy and healthy libido cause it contains minerals, monounsaturated fats, vitamin B6—all of which help keep your energy and sex drive up. They're also a top source of omega-3 fatty acids, which naturally boost your mood, making you more likely to feel ready for bedroom action.

3- Chile peppers : capsaicin is a chemical found in chile peppers that's been shown to induce the release of endorphins in the brain, which creates a feeling of euphoria.

4- Chocolate : It contains tryptophan, which helps the body produce serotonin, a natural feel-good chemical that may play a role in sexual arousal. Chocolate also offers a hit of phenylethylamine, a stimulant thought to contribute to that lovey-dovey feeling.

5- Licorice : This candy is thought to mimic the effects of estrogen and progesterone, critical hormones for normal reproductive and sexual function and response. Eating it may help you get in the mood and stay that way more often.

6- Oysters : zinc, which oysters are loaded with helps the body produce testosterone , zinc can also improve sperm count and swimming ability, and increase sexual potency in men.

Food and Mood.jpg

Source

Add Reply

2. Daria777

Daria777 Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Russian Federation
    about chocolate...
    there is a paradoxe.. only 70%chocolate and more contains tryptophan, which activates serotonin.
    so.. why the most people feels the sense of happiness eating milk chocolate!?

3. Egyptian Doctor

Egyptian Doctor Moderator Verified Doctor

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    mmmm i dont know but i think i feel happy with eating chocolate or any similar sweety food even if it doesnt produce serotonin or similar chemicals , I mean it is not always a chemical caused happiness

4. Daria777

Daria777 Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Russian Federation
    i think always hormones, but not always chemicals.. there is also endorphines)