centered image

centered image

Goodbye Surgery? Scientists Just Made Eye Drops that Dissolve Cataracts

Discussion in 'Ophthalmology' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Mary Grace

Mary Grace Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Philippines

2. Robert A Conklin

Robert A Conklin Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    How can I use this on my dog who has cataracts? Current surgery is too expensive and generally has poor results.

3. bradsroon

bradsroon Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    First - in the 90s there was a book i sorely desired but couldn't afford, written by medical anthropologist whose name i believe was Kennedy. It contained his personal collection of double blind verified nutrient and natural studies regarding repair of the eye problems - but at the time i couldn't afford the $75.00. That was the mid-late 90s when i had about 10,000 hard copy articles and several hundred books on natural healing - along with a few hundred on "normal medical" (what they call) "standards of care" - most of which cause more problems than they solve.
    This book had specific nutritional observations regarding macular degeneration, cataracts, high and low pressure glaucoma, etc.

In Nepal there is a doctor that has conducted thousands of cheap, rapid, outpatient cataract surgeries. They have to leave their eye bandaged for about 24 hours. Some do one eye, function until that eye is healed up - then get the other done...

4. Roke

Roke Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Sounds promising, I hope it's out soon.

5. adpins

adpins Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Canada
    Any doctor who has treated patients for cataracts would only reply, "No." Although a cataract is not a substance, there is nothing to "dissolve" when eye drop manufacturers claim that their products "dissolve" cataracts. Another misleading claim made by the makers of these eye drops is that they can prevent cataract development, which is a common occurrence in older eyes. On websites promoting the goods, studies supporting the effectiveness of cataract eye drops are commonly highlighted but beware of their hazy science. The scientist who held the patent for the drug or the person who stood to gain the most from consumers buying his alleged cure actually conducted and reported the majority of these so-called "studies," in contrast to what many of them claimed.