centered image

centered image

I Have So Many Things On My Mind To Study About And I End Up Being Confused And Not Doing Anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

I have so many things on my mind to study about and I end up being confused and not doing anything. How do I overcome this situation?

f5fabfb172415b3d70c7a5c66070a3ea.jpg

Answer by: Manaal Siddiqui, Pretty much an advice guru!

Concentrate on one thing at a time.

1. Plan

Plan your study schedule. It doesn't need to be a formal study chart or on a planner but as long as it's sorted out in your mind, its all good. Planning is the first and the most crucial step in any process. Once you're done with planning, you've actually done 80% of your job and now you're only left with doing!

2. Overcome Procrastination

Start off with the subjects that you like the most. This helps build a little motivation and helps develop interest, thus keeping you on track and away from procrastination.

3. Ambiance for Studying

Now gradually move towards the tougher subjects and give them more time than you would do to the other subjects. Try building an invigorating ambiance by lighting scented candles of your choice to build up the atmosphere. You can also use Coffee as an alternative to scented candles. Just take some coffee beans in a bowl and carefully place a small tea-light candle in between and experience the energy change around you. You can also place some motivational posters or captions around you or surround yourself with calm colors to keep stress levels under control.

4. A Little Extra Effort

Do a little extra hours, if required. It only helps you in the long run. Write down what you study, it helps you remember things better and aids in memorizing stuff. If you come across lists or terms that you find hard to memorize, try associating them with something funny. For example : Trigonometry has this rule of PBP/HHB so I used to learn it as Pehli Baar Pyaar Mei Hum Hue Barbaad! LOL!

5. Revision

After you're done studying everything, make sure to do a revision of the stuff you've learned just to make sure its properly incorporated in your mind. It helps boost confidence and prepares your mind to believe that you're now ready for a test or an exam.

Source

Add Reply