centered image

centered image

I have some questions on this speciality

Discussion in 'Anesthesia' started by ApprenticeDrugDealer, Mar 23, 2014.

1. ApprenticeDrugDealer

ApprenticeDrugDealer Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Romania

1) Does Anesthesiology require geometry? Yes, I know it's a silly question, but I simply can't stand geometry, I can't understand it, I never did and I hope I don't have to meet it in the future.

2) Is it easier than surgery? I understand that surgery requires high cognitive skills and a huge ammount of time to assimilate all the information and observe technique, but I think it would be easier to just "knock" the patient out and relax while the surgeon does his/her job. I've always been a lazy person (physical not...well mabye a bit psychical also).

3) Overall opinion on Anesthesiology?

Add Reply

2. M. de Q

M. de Q Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Netherlands
    1. No but you have to calculate a lot by head (mental arithmetic) but logical technical skills are also very important (use of monitoring, EKG)
    2. The same Every profession needs its own skills. Anesthesia is practical and theoretical at the same time You need to understand Physiology, Anatomy, Cardiology etc
    3. You can handle Stress extremely well, think quickly and being handy is also very important. Being a teamplayer with good communication is also (maybe the most) important. Needs a special kind of personality. There a subspecialities like Pain and Intensive Care