centered image

centered image

In Pictures: Mother Reveals She Gave Birth To A 14-Pound Baby

Discussion in 'Gynaecology and Obstetrics' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

A mother has revealed that she gave birth to a 14-pound baby who was the size of a toddler and nearly twice as big as the average newborn.

[​IMG]

TikTok user @shans1588 opened up about her incredible birth story last week while responding to a video asking parents to share the weight of their biggest baby to see who had the heaviest child.

'We want to play the biggest baby? I got you,' she said at the start of her viral video, which has been viewed more than 29 million times.

'At 38 weeks and one day, I had my second son [delivered] via C-section by two doctors — because he came in at a whopping 14 pounds, 0.6 ounces.'

The mom noted that her baby boy was also close to 24 inches long.

[​IMG]

The average birth weight for babies is around 7.5 pounds, according to University of Michigan Health, although between 5.5 pounds and 10 pounds is considered normal.

The TikToker's son was also above the normal range in length, which is between 18 and 22 inches with 20 inches being the average.

'Yes, I gave birth to a toddler who then spent 11 days in the NICU where, clearly, he was the biggest baby in there. The NICU did not even have diapers for him or clothes,' she recalled.

'They had to go upstairs to pediatrics and get size three diapers and he came home in clothing [sized] six to nine months.'

[​IMG]

The TikToker's video quickly went viral, and in just one week, it has received seven million likes and over 100,000 comments.

Many viewers couldn't resist joking about her son's massive size at birth, with one person writing: 'He already got a credit score.'

[​IMG]

'He came out a grown man,' another agreed, while someone else commented: 'That baby drove himself home from the hospital.'
    People were also amused by how the two doctors were holding him up for the camera after delivering him.

'They're holding him like a prize-winning bass,' one TikTok user joked, while another added: 'They're posing like they just caught him out of a lake.'

[​IMG]

Less than a week after @shans1588 posted her first TikTok, she shared a follow-up video featuring photos of her son throughout the years, revealing he is now five years old.

'Our 14 1b .6oz baby boy,' she captioned the clip. 'J is a healthy, stubborn, and STRONG 5-year-old who loves baseball, football, and Monster Trucks.'

[​IMG]

Source

Add Reply