centered image

centered image

It Finally Happened!

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Lets Enjoy Medicine, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Lets Enjoy Medicine

Lets Enjoy Medicine Well-Known Member

I like to read. A lot. In the years before medical school I would finish between two and five books a week (it helped to have a very relaxed job). And like most big readers, I’ve always had a fantasy of writing. I went through my fiction writing faze, then non-fiction, back to wanting to write fiction, and finally onto wanting to try blogging. It seems Yet, even when you paired me with a literature major with an MPH who regularly writes, it took almost two years before we finally took the plunge and started this blog.

Why did it take so long? To be honest I think that we both had reservations about working together after finally publishing our co-authored paper. We’ve worked together on a few projects throughout medical school, and each one became a battle against administrations, editors, mentors, and ultimately each other. There were at least three times I remember wanting to throw hundreds of hours of work away to avoid conflict with the woman I love. But in the end, most of our projects have been successful, and I believe that our relationship is all the stronger for it.

So here is to our new blog, and to hopefully writing some things worth reading.

P.S. I still want to write a book, I just can’t think of the ending…

Add Reply