centered image

centered image

Morning Of An Exam

Discussion in 'Medical Students Cafe' started by Ghada Ali youssef, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Ghada Ali youssef

Ghada Ali youssef Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

It’s the morning of the exam. What to do? Some medical students may have pre-test rituals they swear by; others might be as indifferent as can be. I have a few things I always like to do the morning before an exam, so I thought I’d share a few of them along with any suggestions my friends may have to help relax and prepare yourself for what’s to come.

Regardless of what time the exam is the following day, I always like to get 6-8 hours of sleep the night before. I’m a morning studier, meaning the night before an exam, I get to bed pretty early. I usually wake up around 4 AM on exam days. I do all the usual things like shower and get ready. I’m a firm believer in dressing for comfort especially on exam days. My stomach hasn’t woken up by the time I leave the house, so I always grab breakfast to go, usually a protein bar and a banana. I’m a person of routine, if you can’t already tell.

View attachment 38fcca4b096169e954e3e62437bf36b5.jpg

Once I get to campus, I like to find a study room or classroom where I can be alone to review slides and notes. Then, I walk over to wherever we have testing to give my eyes a break and breathe some fresh air. I typically have a certain area of the room I like to sit at, and I always keep gum, peppermints, and water with me during an exam. Before the exam, I always take a deep breath, say a prayer, and remind myself that all I can do is my best. There’s no turning back.

Now for some pre-test rituals my friends swear by. One of my friends has a lucky shirt that he wears on exam days. Another friend always treats herself to a donut or two for positive vibes. One friend always has to sit in the same spot. He will get there 45 minutes to an hour early just to claim “his spot.” Lastly and probably the most interesting, I’ve even seen a guy bring lavender oil to sniff on to help him relax and think clearly. But hey, whatever works!

6d7b1248b441e15c16d83bb2c1f0c046.jpg

What’s your pre-test ritual, if you have one?

Source

Add Reply