centered image

Secret To Long Life: ‘Stay Single’ According To 107-Year-Old Woman

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hadeel Abdelkariem, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Hadeel Abdelkariem

Hadeel Abdelkariem Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

One study previously suggested that positive thinking could help people live longer. Being optimistic may help reduce stress and risk of having a heart disease, among other health benefits.

[​IMG]

However, you are starting to lose your optimism because of the things happening around you. Your best friend found the right partner for life as well as the other people in your social circle.

Your parents have been asking you about your plans to settle down. You have a well-paying job, a lovely cat or dog and a large apartment, but you have been sleeping alone every night.

You are spending Fridays in your room binge-watching romantic Netflix series. You are starting to hate public spaces because of those sweet couples walking around showing you how happy they are.

Being alone can be challenging. With all the pressure from your parents, friends and hopeless romantic Netflix movies and series, you are becoming desperate to start dating again.

But will a relationship really help you feel better? It depends.

For Louise Signore of Bronx, New York, not getting married is the key to a happy and long life. She just celebrated her 107th birthday on Wednesday at the JASA Bartow Community Center in Co-op City.

What’s the best way to celebrate a century in this world? Signore welcomed more than 100 people at her party.

When asked about her secret to greater longevity, Signore said you should “stay single.” Aware of other factors that could extend life, she cited that she also maintains a healthy diet and exercises regularly like other people.

But she outlived some of those people. Signore said she enjoyed her life for more than a century because of her freedom since she did not get married.

"If they have exercise, I do the exercise. If they have dancing, I dance,” she told WCBS. "I think the secret of 107: I never got married. I think that's the secret. My sister says, 'I wish I never got married.'"

But having a long life seemed normal in Signore’s family. The sister she mentioned is 102-years-old.

The record for the oldest woman in the U.S. is being held by Alelia Murphy, 114 years old. Another surprising fact about Murphy is that she lives in Harlem, New York, where Signore was born.

Source

Add Reply