centered image

centered image

Sleep Trouble and Muscle/Joint Pain?

Discussion in 'Hospital' started by hannah_beth23, Oct 31, 2012.

1. hannah_beth23

hannah_beth23 Young Member

Greetings!

I am 18 years old, and for the past year or so I have been suffering from a strange joint and muscle pain and stiffness, especially at night. The pain feels like a deep aching, burning sensation. In my muscles it is most present in my lower leg, forearms, and back/shoulders. As for joints, it is in my fingers, wrists, knees, elbows, and neck. My left hand and right foot often feel as though they are numb and they burn. Occasionally, my arms will feel quite numb as well. If I do not change positions often enough at night, it becomes much worse. Up to this point I have simply tried to ignore it, but it has been very difficult to ignore today.

Needing answers! Not sure how much of this I can handle.

Add Reply

2. Monahsetah

Monahsetah Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    I recommend checking with your physician. These symptoms can be caused by a variety of disease processes or lifestyle.
    Do these symptoms occur only at night? What (if any) medical conditions and/or medications do you take? How is your overall health otherwise? It's impossible to come up with an exact diagnosis online without more information, an exam, possibly testing.

Look up restless leg/restless body syndrome. Consider many of the rheumatological or autoimmune conditions. Lifestyle such as diet and exercise can be a factor.

Kerith Mars Michel likes this.