centered image

When Do You Think The World Will Stabilize After COVID-19 Ends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, May 8, 2020.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

This question was originally posted on Quora.com and was answered by David Moore, studied Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees at University of Sydney

[​IMG]

I expect that we will see that the 2030s resemble the 1950s in some ways. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I do believe that much of ‘the world as we know it’ which has developed since the 1980’s will disintegrate.

I am hopeful that societies will look at the choices we have facing us and the necessity of change and avoid the errors made in the previous century. There are many parallels - many of the circumstances that drove Europe to ruin are now reversed such that they are rising across the other side of the Atlantic. Populism is again dominating parts of politics. I am constantly reminded that the current Chancellor of Germany serves as the voice of reason and the Leader of the Free World in 2020, refusing to appease a international ‘ally’ who is acting like an enemy and calling his own people to death for the sake of a crippled economy.

[​IMG]

Ben Bernanke Says “Hitler Was the Guy Who Got Economics Right in the 1930s”

It is said that history repeats itself because no-one learns from it. Again, thankfully, I do not believe this is quite true. Yes, there will always be parts of our world that choose self-centeredness at the cost of community. There will always be individuals who desire ignorance, lest they be altered by education. However, there are more who hope to make a better world for our children, rather than making our own generation ‘the End of History’ in some suicidal Hegelian heuristic.

Triumph through adversity has always marked our timeline. The world is changing, but it is up to us to decide how, and for whom we make those decisions.

Source

Add Reply