centered image

centered image

Why Do I Hear My Heartbeat in My Head?

Discussion in 'Otolaryngology' started by Ghada Ali youssef, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Ghada Ali youssef

Ghada Ali youssef Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

Hearing your own heartbeat loud and clear in your head can be a frightening experience. While there are a number of reasons for hearing your heartbeat in your head, it is best to be examined by a doctor to rule out any serious health concerns.

Identification
    • Tinnitus, or ear noise, is a collective term that refers to any abnormal noise the patient may hear in the ear including the heart beating, whooshing or ringing noises.
    Causes
    • Some potential causes of tinnitus include loud noise exposure, certain medications, excessive ear wax, infections of the inner ear or middle ear and an aneurysm. Tinnitus can also occur as part of the normal aging process.
    Considerations
    • Hearing your heartbeat in your head may be due to ear wax buildup, but it can also be due to a more serious condition such as high blood pressure. Therefore, it is important to take note of any other symptoms you may be experiencing, to better inform your doctor.
    Solutions
    • Some issues, like ear wax, can be treated at home. Meanwhile, more serious issues like high blood pressure, require medical attention. Once treatment occurs, tinnitus should dissipate accordingly.
    Warnings
    • If tinnitus seems to come and go, it is best to see a doctor. Without treatment, some issues such as arteriovenous malformation, can cause death.
    6aefac745c4530e1de26e959e8de7bfb.jpg

Source

Add Reply