centered image

centered image

Celebrity Before & After Photos: Weight Loss Success

Discussion in 'Dietetics' started by Dr.Scorpiowoman, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Dr.Scorpiowoman

Dr.Scorpiowoman Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt

How Jennifer Hudson, Alec Baldwin, Mariah Carey, and more went from flab to fab

Jennifer Hudson

[​IMG]

Singing sensation Jennifer Hudson went from flab to fab after joining Weight Watchers. Now, she's teamed up with the organization for the third annual Lose For Good campaign to help fight both hunger and obesity.

Holly Madison

[​IMG]

Former Girls Next Door star and Peepshowleading lady Holly Madison took a multi-prong approach to weight loss after packing on 19 pounds in just 18 months! She added Pilates and yoga to her workout routine and adopted a low-carb diet, eating protein bars and fruit when she used to eat bagels. She also gave up fast food for healthier options like grilled chicken and avocado and uses the weight-loss supplement NV for increased energy and to help maintain her ideal weight.

Alec Baldwin

[​IMG]

53-year-old Alec Baldwin shed 30 pounds in four months and he couldn’t have done it in a healthier way. Diagnosed as pre-diabetic, he gave up sugar, which he said over twitter is, “truly a battle.” He also does Pilates and Spinning and would like to add more yoga to his workout regime. We’re not sure if it’s because he wants to get centered and increase flexibility or if it’s because he’s dating a 27-year-old yoga instructor!

Mariah Carey

[​IMG]

After putting on 30 pounds during her pregnancy with twins Moroccan and Monroe, Mariah Carey felt pressure to lose the weight fast. But instead of turning to extreme measures she started following the Jenny system. And it’s not all about looking skinny for the stunning singer. Working with Jenny and the American Heart Association, Carey wants to educate Americans about the risk of heart disease and diabetes caused by unhealthy eating and exercise habits.

Jonah Hill

[​IMG]

Rumor has it that Moneyball costar Brad Pitt is responsible for Jonah Hill’s dramatic weight loss but we’re happy to hear it was a nutritionist’s advice that helped him shed the pounds. With a little guidance in terms or what to eat and what not too eat, Hill has been able to maintain his slim physique. A love for fresh and healthy Japanese cuisine, particularly sushi, has helped the actor stay on track.

Ricki Lake

[​IMG]

We all watched Ricki Lake transform on Dancing With the Stars where she reportedly lost 20 pounds but, what has she done to continue losing weight and to keep it off? She uses the food delivery service Freshology, which provides 1,400 calories a day. Healthy food helps but Lake credits her maintained weight loss to regular exercise—not calorie restriction.

Jordin Sparks

[​IMG]

American Idol alum Jordin Sparks achieved 35 pounds of weight loss success by starting slow with a simple walk around her neighborhood, gradually increasing speed until she was ready to climb a mountain near her home. When on tour the slender singer turns to Zumba for cardio. Sparks’ favorite part about it? “The energy is so high I don’t have to run on a treadmill!”

Aretha Franklin

[​IMG]

Singing sensation Aretha Franklin revealed to DWTS contestant Wendy Williams that she lost an astounding 85 pounds. What prompted her to go from flab to fab? Franklin didn't cite her mysterious December 2010 health scare; instead, she attributed her success to pictures that made her realize that she was "entirely too fat." Franklin said that she has been working hard to cut out foods "that will hurt you eventually."

Kelly Osbourne

[​IMG]

We all watched Kelly Osbourne go from flab to fab on Dancing with the Stars but how has she maintained such weight loss success? Kelly has continued to dance adding the Bar Method and Pilates to her healthy weight loss repertoire. Most importantly, she now eats balanced meals and has given up on crash diets.

Drew Barrymore

[​IMG]

Having spent nearly her entire life in the spotlight, Drew Barrymore has shown that a healthy lifestyle is the secret to long-lasting weight loss success. Through frequent portion-controlled meals, yoga and running, Drew Barrymore has transformed herself from flab to fab.

Kim Kardashian

[​IMG]

Kim Kardashian fat? Never! But the reality star has shed a little weight. By cutting junk food, eating breakfast daily and hitting the gym (hard! She really works it!) Kim Kardashian is the picture of healthy weight loss success. "I watch my calories and exercise. I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life!" says Kim.

Ricky Gervais

[​IMG]

Ricky Gervais lost only about 20 pounds, but it's impossible not to notice how his body has transformed from flab to fab. How'd he do it? By getting active. All he had to do was get off the couch and get running—just a little bit every day.

Sara Rue

[​IMG]

Rules of Engagement
    star Sara Rue confesses she's always had weight issues, but when she got engaged she made the decision to change. Her healthy weight loss revelation? "100 percent—you can control what you put in your body." She joined Jenny Craig and loves the simplicity, "they send you the meals, you add in your veggies, your fruit and you're done."

Kirstie Alley

[​IMG]

Kirstie Alley has experienced extreme weight loss and gain and loss and gain… but we hope she will soon be a weight loss success story for good. She attributes her most recent weight gain to a severe candy and soda habit. But by owning up to her bad habits and starting the Kirstie Alley weight loss program, Organic Liason, she's already shed 50 pounds.

Jason Alexander

[​IMG]

Jason Alexander didn't set his sights on extreme weight loss—and that may be his secret to success. The pleasantly plump actor turned to Jenny Craig to lose just 30 pounds. By slashing his daily caloric intake from 4,500 to 1,500 and adding regular workouts, he was able to drop the weight in 6 months. Don't have 6 months?

Melissa Joan Hart

[​IMG]

It's no secret how Melissa Joan Hart went from flab to fab. Her healthy weight loss plan involved cutting out the junk!

Drew Carey

[​IMG]

Fed up with being fat, The Price is Right host Drew Carey shed an astonishing 80 pounds. Despite the extreme weight loss he did it the old-fashioned-way—through diet and exercise. Drew Carey does at least 45 minutes of cardio a day and cut carbohydrates from his diet.

Tami Roman

[​IMG]

When Basketball Wives star Tami Roman quit smoking, she saw the number on the scale shoot up. After reaching 185 pounds, the 5'9" star knew she had to do something and turned to yoga and weight-loss supplement NV Clinicalto shed pounds in a healthy and sustainable manner.

"I lost seven pounds in the first week of taking NV without making any major changes to my life," Roman says. "But in the second week, I thought to myself, Tami what would happen if you added a little light exercise to your routine?So I started at 10 minutes of working out. That soon became 15 minutes, then 20, and then it became 30."

Now 40+ pounds lighter, Roman is seen here practicing yoga (and showing off her svelte physique) at the Santa Monica Pier, where she was working out with her daughters.

Source

Add Reply