centered image

Human Trials For Artificial Kidney To Begin At The End of 2019, With First Patient Implants In 2020

Discussion in 'Nephrology' started by Mahmoud Abudeif, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Ethan Montgonery

Ethan Montgonery Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    Canada
    Please contact me as I am more than willing to put my life on the line for the future benefit of others. I am currently on hemodialysis dialysis and have been for the past 3 years. I have also been on parataniel dialysis before receiving my transplant in 08. I have been so lost lately.. almost took my own life too. As soon as I read this I knew what I had to do and why I was here and have suffered what I have. I live in Edmonton alberta canada. You can reach me through doctor markland, or pisani from the royal alex or directly by using my email - [email protected].
    Please get back to me. I'll do what ever I have to do to aid in this venture. Thanks. And to those struggling.. stay strong !

2. Cindy Loveless

Cindy Loveless Active member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    My dad needs this kidney bad they sent him home last week said he cant do dialysis anymore PLEASE HELP HIM HE WILL DIE WITHOUT IT THEY GAVE HIM 2 WEEKS. Please get back to me, my email is [email protected]

3. Curious daughter

Curious daughter Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    What about patients that are unable to make the transplant list? My step dad has been on hemo dialysis for 11yrs now due to polycystic kidneys, about 6yrs ago he lost both of his kidneys. The strain of this long term treatment has weakened his bones causing him to have to have both hips replaced.He has fought cancer 4 times now an will never be a candidate for the list. He would love nothing more than to come away from his machine an be able to travel for his grand babies and to have a more fulfilling life. But would this even be an option for someone like him or is he doomed to stay tied to a machine 5 days a week for the rest of his life?

Mahmoud Abudeif likes this.
  4. N Woods

N Woods Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Very interested in being a participant in the kidney transplant. Been on dialysis for 2 years and diagnosed with end stage renal failure. My contact info is [email protected]

5. Jane Doe

Jane Doe Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States

6. Bj Howell

Bj Howell Well-Known Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Being at Stage 5 I'd love to get one but I know insu companies and Big Pharma will never let the "common man" have one.

7. Erin Kerlin

Erin Kerlin Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Please let me in on how to recieve the bionic kidney. I am a very hard match. My email is [email protected]. thank you

8. Trish Fox

Trish Fox Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    My mom has only one kid eyes that is halfway working g. Unfortunately she is not a candidate for a kidney transplant due to calcium deposits. My question is, would she be a candidate for this??

9. Lamont Thompson

Lamont Thompson Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    I would like to do the trials as [email protected]

10. Naomi Johnson

Naomi Johnson Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Hello! I have an Aunt who just completed her second week of dialysis, which has come about as a complication of Type 2 Diabetes. How would one get more detailed information about becoming a study participant? Thank you much!

11. James Casberg

James Casberg Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    My name is James casberg, please add me to the list of candidates for the trials I am a 33 yr old male in Fresno California I have been on dialysis for 5 years. Thank you. [email protected]

12. Mahmoud Abudeif

Mahmoud Abudeif Golden Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Egypt
    Could you please check out this post: https://forum.facmedicine.com/threa...frequently-asked-questions-by-patients.42451/
    it has all the information you need to know and the official form for clinical trials.

13. Moe Abulohoum

Moe Abulohoum Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States

14. Moe Abulohoum

Moe Abulohoum Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States

15. Milovan Jelcic

Milovan Jelcic Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    Serbia
    I am impressed with your research and efforts and I do hope you will start with implementation of bionic kidney as soon as possible.
    My name is Milovan Jelčić ,I am male,62,from Serbia ,and I would like to participate in your program of transportation of bionic kidney asap, including my covering the whole costs and expenses .
    Thank you in advance .
    My email is [email protected] phone number is +38163500023.
    Best regards,
    Milovan Jelčić, PhD of Law

16. Efrain Otero

Efrain Otero Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    How can I apply to receive one?

17. Mr Timothy

Mr Timothy Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Listen folks.. They have been saying this for 5 years now.. Clinical trials next year.. ITS ALL BS... Ive email these people asking to see the data on animal testing and clearance.. Got nothing.. I really wish they would stop giving people false hope.. Just like with type 1 diabetes.. They keep saying will have a cure within 5 years.. Well its been 25 years since Ive heard that statement and here we are.. No cure.. No closer.. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble.. I just feel the truth is far far better than a pipe dream or a drawing on a cocktail napkin.. Stay healthy.. Find a donor..

18. Steven Grunstein

Steven Grunstein Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Looks like your on schedule for FDA approval this is good news. So I have PKD. Will the tubules cells from my right kidney work? Or is there something else that can be done to make this work for me? I'm 58 and pretty active and healthy. And how will I know when this bionic kidney is approved? How much wait time do you anticipate for Medicare patients
    will have to wait? And what sort of things will disqualify one from receving one?

19. Steven Grunstein

Steven Grunstein Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    Hello I was wondering how this was moving along? Is it still on track for trials or is it already in human trials? I relise living in Alaska im not gonna be in the front of the line but i havent heard anything since last summer. Need more cash run an article in AMAC its fir sr citezens. You wont need to ask for money just say it is pending x amount ill bet folks will donate. Anyway I would love to know where this is at at this time.
    Thank you
    Steven Grunstein
    Ps I have at least 5 or 6 family members with PKD and one with dialisys due to diabedes.

20. dorseyjulius

dorseyjulius Young Member

Practicing medicine in:
    United States
    on Saturday, i was denied a transplant a third time, at this point im looking at other options and wanted to know how to sign up as a volunteer for this